E85 questions

AmericanRicer87

ON3WEGO
Established Member
What does everyone know about the e85 flex fuel sensor and where to buy a gauge or electronic display?

Has anyone had any issues with the e85 being mixed incorrectly?

What plugs does everyone run? currently NGK TR6's

I have read through 03 sleepers e85 info threads but couldn't find the answers to the above questions. Any help is appreciated!

2k4Terminator

Established Member
You don't need a sensor, get a tester off eBay... Like $15 bucks. I'm running TR6's have had no issues, I know some people have different opinions on them.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
You don't need a sensor, get a tester off eBay... Like $15 bucks. I'm running TR6's have had no issues, I know some people have different opinions on them.

+1, but I have the test kits also and sell them for $15.71 and you're 5% forum member discount is valid to use on it. Use that kit to test ethanol content to see how your blend at the local pump stacks up. Blend can vary depending on season as well.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...231_5557_12253/quickfuel-e85-test-kit-p-38079

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Even if you had the flex fuel sensor, it wouldn't work as our computers weren't designed to use them to my knowledge. What I mean by that is that the ecu won't be able to make changes to the fuel supply to compensate for the difference in ethanol.

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
What does everyone know about the e85 flex fuel sensor and where to buy a gauge or electronic display?

Has anyone had any issues with the e85 being mixed incorrectly?

What plugs does everyone run? currently NGK TR6's

I have read through 03 sleepers e85 info threads but couldn't find the answers to the above questions. Any help is appreciated!

Zeitronix ECA : SEMA Award Winning Ethanol Content Analyzer and Flex Fuel Sensor for E-85 and E-85/gasoline Blends

you can also use an aeroforce interceptor gauge to display the measurements as well

AmericanRicer87

ON3WEGO
Established Member
Even if you had the flex fuel sensor, it wouldn't work as our computers weren't designed to use them to my knowledge. What I mean by that is that the ecu won't be able to make changes to the fuel supply to compensate for the difference in ethanol.

This is unfortunate. I imagine someday they will be able to incorporate it, I know from friends that the new dsm link v3 now has the ability to adjust fuel trims using the flux fuel sensor. I'm not sure how much the content of ethanol to gasoline will effect performance or the safeness of the tune.. I will not be switching between gas and e85 once the car is tuned for it unless the quality around here in Cincinnati OH, is not good.

Users who are viewing this thread