E85 Newby - Please Help

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
Hey guys. I have an 03 with the basic bolt ons and an 2.7 upper pulley on a non ported eaton. She dynoed at 465 rwhp. My town just got E85 and I'm very strongly considering doing the swap along with ported blower and longtubes.

From my research, I have gathered that to do the swap I need larger pumps (like these ---> Ford GT Supercar Fuel Pump (1 Pump) - Ford - Fuel Pumps - Fuel Delivery - 03-04 SVT Cobra ?) and larger injectors ( like these ---> Siemen Deka 80lb USCAR High Impedence Injectors (Set of 8) - Fuel Injectors - Fuel Delivery - 03-04 SVT Cobra ?). But I have also seen people going with lethal performance's return style fuel system (here ---> Lethal Performance 99-04 4V Budget Return Style Fuel System - Lethal Performance Fuel Systems - Fuel Systems - Fuel Delivery - 03-04 SVT Cobra). I am a little confused on exactly what I need and the cost of the E85 swap.

I think I have everything down on the blower port - just send it off and wait. Do you guys have any recommendations on what upper/lower combo I should use? I'd love to keep my current upper if that is possible. I'm also wondering about a recommendation for what stage of port to go. Any recommendations there? I'm also going to be adding a dual pass heat exchanger and a larger intercooler reservoir tank. Will that keep things cool enough?

Sorry for the book guy, but I love my Terminator so much and want to get everything perfect :)

Here's the cliff notes of my questions:
1. E85 conversion requires larger injectors and pump and a tune. But what parts does that exactly mean that I need?
2. Any recommendations for which stage blower port to get?
3. What blower pulley combination?
4. With these mods, will a dual pass heat exchanger and a larger intercooler reservoir tank be sufficient for cooling mods or is more needed?

Thanks in advance guys!

2003_svtcobra

Established Member
Run twin gt pumps with BAP, 80lb injectors, you don't need long tubes, i would run a posi port, or stage 3 or 4 Stiegemeier with a 2.7 upper and 4 lower.

gabe1530

Banned
With those mods you should be around 550-570 HP/TRQ.
I've seen multiple setups without a port on e85 in the 530's.
I would get longtubes and an o/r x or h pipe for this setup. What throttle body and intake setup do you have?
I recommend the dragon tb/plenum combo with a jlt CAI high boost.
Since you want to keep the stock 2.7 upper, I would run a 4lb lower.
The duel pass HE and upgraded tank will do just fine.

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
With those mods you should be around 550-570 HP/TRQ.
I've seen multiple setups without a port on e85 in the 530's.
I would get longtubes and an o/r x or h pipe for this setup. What throttle body and intake setup do you have?
I recommend the dragon tb/plenum combo with a jlt CAI high boost.
Since you want to keep the stock 2.7 upper, I would run a 4lb lower.
The duel pass HE and upgraded tank will do just fine.

Thanks for the help man! I was going to go with a steggy port and I'm still not sure which stage to go. I have the jlt CAI as well as an offroad h and stingers. How much will the longtubes help out power wise? I've heard they make the car sound much better and feel faster because of the added torque, but I'm not sure if they are worth the money.

Dragu1a

Established Member
i'd like to get in on this thread as well.

are the stock fuel lines and rails sufficient? i'm already running around 600hp in a 2.2kb...would like to get around 700. i have 60# injectors and assuming i'll need larger. correct?

*sorry to hijack, looks like OP got his answer. i figured it'd be easier to add on to this one instead of creating a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread