E85 Necessities for 600-650whp

RlySlow

Established Member
Looking for a little spoon feeding here. I just bought my '14 5.0 with a roush phase 3 blower kit over last weekend. It also has the roush fuel system upgrade (47lb injectors, and roush BAP). Previous owner didn't know every little specific thing as he was 2nd owner and not really a "performance" oriented kinda guy who bought it from original owner who lost his job. He ended up not really ever driving the car, evident by the fact the car only has 4k miles on it. So I know the basics of the car but I'm still trying to piece it all together.

Up until I found it 2 days prior to buying it, I have never really looked into coyotes at all or learned much technical about them. I have watched a few hours worth of Alex(yolodouchebag)'s technical videos on youtube and have been reading a ton.

I'm still having a hard time finding exact specifics about what people are using for the 600-800whp range on e85. I think I have a basic understanding but please advise me if possible.

The car currently is tuned via VMP 91oct tune by Justin. I believe it's an 82mm pulley. It sees 10psi at WOT. Car runs great. Kit is supposed to be the "675hp VMP Roush kit". And it feels great so I'm sure its around 580whp, it has beat a ~600whp procharged m3 in town and hung with a full exhaust, pullied, cammed ZL1. Anyways I get a little nervous with big power on 91, just too easy to get a bad tank or 91 around here can sometimes vary. We don't have 93. I have a lot of history with 400-500hp DSM's and I saw surprising differences in my cars I tuned myself between different 91 in the area. I eventually always started running e85 in my dsm's since it's widely available here.

I'm wanting to do the same for my coyote not so much to make a ton more power but to feel safer about having fuel related issues since our e85 has always been very consistent measuring between 80-85% in summer and 70-75 in winter. I would like to bump it a bit, I'm thinking 600whp.. 650 at most.

Now my main question - obviously I'm needing to look at 95lb/1000cc injectors. I'm looking at the DW95's.

But fuel pump - I've read some pretty mixed information saying that stock fuel pump with a good BAP will be fine but there were some contradicting posts in those discussions. I know I've read it's fine for NA cars. With a 600whp FI setup though, am I correct in assuming I will need to get a fuel pump too? I have a walbro E85 450lph pump basically new out of my old talon but pretty sure from what I've seen the pump style for coyotes is different and that wont work.

Do I need anything else besides injectors, and maybe fuel pump? I already have my Roush BAP like I mentioned. I haven't read anything about the fuel rails or fuel lines not flowing enough so I assume I'm good there. I just plan to just contact VMP about remote-tuning it for me when I do get everything together.

Thanks all

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Sai Li also makes a good budget fuel system. I'm running it with id1000s and boss IM and made 740 rwhp on my procharged car. If you have the cash go with Fore or JPC. I just went with Sai because his kit was recommended to me by Lund, its cheaper than other options and good for about 900 hp on E85, which is more than enough for me.

bunits19714

Established Member
You need to consider how many miles a year are you going to be driving ?
If you are only driving 3000 or so a year you would be better splashing race fuel in with your 91_ assuming you have no cats? or splash unleaded race fuel in with you 91 if you have cats- cost at the pump for e-85 is cheap but the cost for the conversion can cost you up to $3000 with , new injectors, fuel system , re tune and labor for install if you not doing it your shelf. 47 #'s will support 600+ with a tvs and a boost a pump because the blower is efficient.

Holovacko

Established Member
Depends on the tuner. Some are not comfortable with just a BAP on a boosted car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

deletednow2017

Established Member
Honestly, BAP is an option, albeit far from my favorite. Just today, one of my personal friends burnt out his stock fuel pump at the track with a BAP and is now stranded. The BAP is a fantastic temporary application, but a full return fuel system is the way to go. I can get you a Fore system for a great price. Let me know if I can help.

Users who are viewing this thread