E85 + meth anyone?

badmpg03

Established Member
Just trying to see if it is worth the effort to help with intake temps...

I assume meth would run only run pre blower
Anyone running this and has it been worth it?

Thanks for any help,

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Ive got a 2v with a 2.2 KB and Im running e85 now. Lately I have been considering adding meth pre-blower. Lots of people say it wont affect IAT (IAT2 in your case), but it will cool the supercharger itself and Im all for that. The meth should flash in the supercharger, cooling the air, and that should help the intercooler to not have to work as hard. Thats just my thinking... My IAT temps are consistently in the 130s and will hit 120s or slightly under if im cruising on the highway. Im running 100% distilled water and a water wetter type additive from VP Racing. Gords HE with fans running 24/7 while the car is on.

My car will straight up fall on its face when its in the 90s and humid. On colder days and/or the car isn't heatsoaked yet, the KB will hit its 9psi as soon as I go WOT. When its extremely hot out and the car is heatsoaked, it will hit about 5psi and climb to 9psi near redline.

The only thing is, do I want to spend the money on a kit as an experiment.

badmpg03

Established Member
I need to get a few things situated on car but I am going to do it. Can't hurt IMO.

Will post results when done.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Sounds good. Looks like Ill be joining you too...

A guy I work with has a kit for sale that he never used on his Evo. Its an AIS (now Pro Meth) 3 gal trunk mount kit with a Cooling Mist progressive controller. Im buying it off him next week and will see what kind of results I get.

My plan is to sell the Cooling Mist controller and buy the Snow Performance equivalent (I like how their gauge looks) along with their nozzle and some other odds and ends. I should be into everything for close to half the cost of something new.

Where do you plan on placing the nozzle? I originally wanted to tap my egr delete plate but Im thinking thats too close to the rotors and wont give enough time for the mist to do its thing. Also, Im worried about all that fluid coming out right next to the rotors and bearings. My 2nd though was under my JLT intake right before the TB. That'll save me from having to buy a solenoid; since that location wont see any vacuum.

Last edited:

badmpg03

Established Member
Sounds good. Looks like Ill be joining you too...

A guy I work with has a kit for sale that he never used on his Evo. Its an AIS (now Pro Meth) 3 gal trunk mount kit with a Cooling Mist progressive controller. Im buying it off him next week and will see what kind of results I get.

My plan is to sell the Cooling Mist controller and buy the Snow Performance equivalent (I like how their gauge looks) along with their nozzle and some other odds and ends. I should be into everything for close to half the cost of something new.

Where do you plan on placing the nozzle? I originally wanted to tap my egr delete plate but Im thinking thats too close to the rotors and wont give enough time for the mist to do its thing. Also, Im worried about all that fluid coming out right next to the rotors and bearings. My 2nd though was under my JLT intake right before the TB. That'll save me from having to buy a solenoid; since that location wont see any vacuum.

Only place I can think of is pre blower/pre TB but I'm not educated to say. Going to ask my engine builder and get their thoughts. Thanks for update and hope you get some good results.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Only place I can think of is pre blower/pre TB but I'm not educated to say. Going to ask my engine builder and get their thoughts. Thanks for update and hope you get some good results.

Im actually thinking of selling the kit already if you havent bought one yet. Im not going to have any time to install it soon and rather not sit on it.

badmpg03

Established Member
You can PM me details if you like. I am looking at snow meth kit but want a good functional one

Users who are viewing this thread