E85 killing O2 sensors w/ LT's

Dark Pony

CLOSER
Established Member
I previously ran SS Dynatech LT's on my '13 GT and had no problems running E85. About 5 months ago, I switched to JBA's for better clearance. I definitely accomished that, but started fouling O2 sensors. I understand some guys have relocated the O2 bung position higher on the collector, but did it work? There is not a lot of room to move them higher, so I wonder how much it would really help...I went back 15 pages on here and couldn't find any responses to this matter. Before I buy my 3rd set of LT's, I want to explore the cheaper/more reasonable option.

Thanks for your help,

Johnathan

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I hear a lot of guys cut and reweld the 02 bungs to give a little angle on the sensor which lets the condensation drain out. Idk if it actually helps though.

Dark Pony

CLOSER
Established Member
I hear a lot of guys cut and reweld the 02 bungs to give a little angle on the sensor which lets the condensation drain out. Idk if it actually helps though.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. No one has responded with an outcome after they actually move them.

Twisted2v

Established Member
Did you compare how the Dynatech ones were mounted compared to jba?

Do you drive shorter trips? If you do there won't be enough heat to burn off excessive condensation. The Dynatechs could be coated better to keep heat in. Or designed different. It could be an air fuel ratio problem which can kill o2s prematurely.

19935.slow

Established Member

I have an 02 sensor bung for a harley, it is cut at an angle as mentioned. Allowed me to put my wb 02 on a crazy easy angle to access. Would be perfect for this!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread