E85 gains?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
There was a thread on here with a stock n/a GT switched over and made some great gains.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I think it was 04sleeper that posted?

last i saw it made like 10-15 hp more. I wouldnt call that great

Why not? It was bone stock if I remember right? The gains would be even better once you start modding.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I think it was 04sleeper that posted?

Why not? It was bone stock if I remember right? The gains would be even better once you start modding.

i remember there being someone on Modfords that made a 4-5 page summary, im searching it now

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
HPP is a reputable shop. They did a E85 tune on another stock 5.0 and did not see near those gains, though.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I'm burning e85 but have not jumped on a dyno yet. I am running more timing than I was on 93. The car pulls very strong and it feels very smooth and knock sensors are quiet. 100% stock fuel system.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ViciousJay

Established Member
I'm burning e85 but have not jumped on a dyno yet. I am running more timing than I was on 93. The car pulls very strong and it feels very smooth and knock sensors are quiet. 100% stock fuel system.

curious how do you know your safe? do you have a wideband?

2013Boss302

Established Member
So is this true Thwre is no mods needed for the fuel system? Because I have a Magna charger on my car and it has ford racing 47 LB injectors. I am wondering if I could run E85 with my setup and a proper tune

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
So is this true Thwre is no mods needed for the fuel system? Because I have a Magna charger on my car and it has ford racing 47 LB injectors. I am wondering if I could run E85 with my setup and a proper tune

You will need a boost a pump and bigger fuel injectors for sure. You will need the same amount of fuel for 700whp on 93 octane for 550whp on e85.

2013Boss302

Established Member
You will need a boost a pump and bigger fuel injectors for sure. You will need the same amount of fuel for 700whp on 93 octane for 550whp on e85.

people are using E85 on a completely stock fuel system? i have ford racing 47lb injectors, i also have a boost a pump. so should i be good right? reason is because they just opened an E85 station 5 min from me

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
people are using E85 on a completely stock fuel system? i have ford racing 47lb injectors, i also have a boost a pump. so should i be good right? reason is because they just opened an E85 station 5 min from me

your injectors will not be enough. because of the magnacharger. you will need more fuel. maybe 60lbs or even 80lbs injectors.

2013Boss302

Established Member
o ok so they use stock injectors N/A. being supercharged i will need bigger injectors. but my fuel pump will be ok with the boost a pump?

Users who are viewing this thread