E85 friendly Walbro F90000267

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
So, I've been searching for info regarding the new Walbro 465 and 400 LPH pumps that were released this year. Walbro claims that the larger pump (465lph #F90000267) is safe for full time use with E85, and the smaller pump (400lph #F90000262) is not really designed for full time E85 use. I'm in need of larger pumps to use with my returnless E85 system...ones that flow enough E85 to feed my 700+ rwhp motor. I would like to see my pump duty cycle stay below 80% on kill mode. Would someone that's using either of these pumps please chim in with your opinion of the pump, and how it's working for your high HP combo. Currently I'm running twin GT supercar pumps that are about maxed out...so it's time to step up and get larger pumps. I see Lethal and Fore both sell these pumps for basically the same price. I've also noticed that there are a few Ebay sellers that have them for ~$20/pump cheaper. I'm cautious when the "too good to be true" sellers have them for much less than eveyone else is selling them for. They claim they are authentic Walbro pumps, and both sellers I chekced into have really high feedback that's 100% positive....but I'm still leary though.

Last edited:

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
If you plan on making 700rwhp my advice is go return and have peace of mind andc also males tuning 100% easier

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
i'm running the 400s. odd, lethal and the world said they were built for e85...

I know right:shrug: I've had my GT's sitting in nothing but E85 for over a year now with no issues. I would think that any company that makes a fuel pump for use in new vehicles, would have to bet that their pump will have flex fuel run through it. With that said, they would have to manufacture it accordingly to be compatible. Hell, even non-flex fuel many times is 10% or more corn.

I'm going to email Walbro and get some kind of verifiction straight from the source before I pull the trigger on any pump I plan to run in the corn.

Last edited:

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Well Justin's info is directly from warboro on the pump info, we have a few discussions on these fuel pumps, and the dual 405s are a beast

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
Well Justin's info is directly from warboro on the pump info, we have a few discussions on these fuel pumps, and the dual 405s are a beast

I emailed several people from Walbro yesterday...I'll post up what they have to say if I get a response.

Last edited:

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I had originally bought the 400's for my setup in February, but a friend told me he had read that some people were saying the 400's were having some issues on E85. I asked my tuner and he agreed so we switched to the 465's instead since the tank was still out of the car. We weren't sure if it's a common problem, but figured since we already had access to the pump, to switch them out now and not have to worry later.

Users who are viewing this thread