E85 for a DD is it a Hassle to you???

DNT H8

Established Member
Installing my TVS next month and considering E85, car is a DD during the summer months. I have one station close to my house and 2 fairly close. Do you find it a hassle (or worth it) in the long run vs the convenience of pump, especially on trips outside of your location? Please no advice of 55 gal barrels or gas cans, thats just to much. I understand I can switch back and forth but is it really worth the hassle, not to mention the constant stops at the pump. I've never read this directly addressed... thank you for any input.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
I've thought the same thing. I guess that partially depends on how many E85 stations are near you since MPG I know for sure takes a huge dump for the worse. I know for me it might be tough because from home to work, there's only one or two stations, both of which are about 5 miles out of my way, so it's a bit annoying.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I rolled with it for a about 2 months then switched back to gas. I do too much driving and 14mpg wasn't cutting it. If I'm going to the track on the weekend, I'll run the car down till it says 1 mile till empty. Then I'll switch my tune and fill with E85. I'll do this really early in the week so that by the time Friday night comes around, I'll already have filled up 2 or 3 times with E85.

DNT H8

Established Member
I rolled with it for a about 2 months then switched back to gas. I do too much driving and 14mpg wasn't cutting it. If I'm going to the track on the weekend, I'll run the car down till it says 1 mile till empty. Then I'll switch my tune and fill with E85. I'll do this really early in the week so that by the time Friday night comes around, I'll already have filled up 2 or 3 times with E85.
Great info here thank you. I drive 40 miles a day, 5 days a week to work. So in your opinion would I get fustrated fast?

01bluesnake

Established Member
My car on E85 still gets better MPG than my daily on 93, so for me fills up's are actually less frequent still. I'm lucky to have a few E85 stations around me. I drive 50 miles a day and doesn't bother me one bit. I average 21-22mpg on the highway on the corn.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
I swap over just before going to the track....it takes about 20 - 30 min to swap depending on how much 93 is in the tank.....

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Ive got two stations less then 2 miles from my house so its great for me. I only dropped 2mpg on corn.

I'm with Jim here. I have 2 places close to me that I can fill up at. I actually get 2 mpg more on e85 around town. I switch back to 93 when I go on trips as I normally have the family with me and there is no chance of me racing any one.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I would consider it if there were more E85 stations in the Houston area...as it stands most are in the outlying areas, still in the county, but out of the city and definitely out of the way fill-ups.

DNT H8

Established Member
Im gonna try E85 its just too tempting and safe... However Im going to need to sell my ID725's and buy 1000's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread