E85 Ethanol percent tracking map - Michigan

378wby

Established Member
Wixom Michigan

I live in Commerce Michigan (bordering Wixom). The two e85 stations in Wixom that sell e85 (Sunoco and BP) are both selling summer blend e85 that tests as e85. I just picked up my Boss Long Block/2.9 Whippled Powered 2012 GT Convertible from the tuner yesterday after having it converted to e85. I was making 738HP at the tire on a 100 octane tune prior to dropping the car off. I'm now at 795HP at the tire running e85 and couldn't be happier. My tuner has his shop in Chesterfield Michigan (Lidio at Alternative Auto). There is a marathon down the street from his place (Gratiot and 26mile) that has its summer blend (testing at e90) in the tanks.

twistedneck

Established Member
I live in Commerce Michigan (bordering Wixom). The two e85 stations in Wixom that sell e85 (Sunoco and BP) are both selling summer blend e85 that tests as e85. I just picked up my Boss Long Block/2.9 Whippled Powered 2012 GT Convertible from the tuner yesterday after having it converted to e85. I was making 738HP at the tire on a 100 octane tune prior to dropping the car off. I'm now at 795HP at the tire running e85 and couldn't be happier. My tuner has his shop in Chesterfield Michigan (Lidio at Alternative Auto). There is a marathon down the street from his place (Gratiot and 26mile) that has its summer blend (testing at e90) in the tanks.

Those are some excellent insane HP numbers 378wby. it must be super fun to drive above 80MPH I assume it can haze the tires through 4th gear nice.. Link a thread here for your ride if you have one.

I wont get hardly any HP bump since i'm NA but still E85 is race fuel after all why not run it!

Just checked another station 1mile down the road in Dearborn Heights showed 82% Ethanol. I added it to the map can you add those stations you mention to the map? would be a big help for me since i'm out that way a lot in Wixom. Those ethanol % are both very high you are a lucky dog.

Testing Troy tomorrow - Crooks and 15 mile.

Last edited:

378wby

Established Member
Those are some excellent insane HP numbers 378wby. it must be super fun to drive above 80MPH I assume it can haze the tires through 4th gear nice.. Link a thread here for your ride if you have one.

I wont get hardly any HP bump since i'm NA but still E85 is race fuel after all why not run it!

Just checked another station 1mile down the road in Dearborn Heights showed 82% Ethanol. I added it to the map can you add those stations you mention to the map? would be a big help for me since i'm out that way a lot in Wixom. Those ethanol % are both very high you are a lucky dog.

Testing Troy tomorrow - Crooks and 15 mile.

Very happy with the HP numbers on e85. I'm running 315 DR radials so I'm hoping it will hook below 80mph once the roads heat up a bit. I replaced the MT82 with a Tremec and the gears are a bit wider a part on the Tremec. I had the car out earlier, it blows the tires off in 1st and 2nd, but grabs hard in 3rd. That said the roads are still cold and the tires were not aired down. Still needs to warm up quite a bit in MI. Here are the two addresses for the stations in Wixom:

Sunoco-28790 Wixom Road
BP- 31333 S. Wixom Road

If you haven't already checked and are an iPhone user, there are a few really good apps that show all of the e85 stations and provide the address, map, phone number to the stations.....etc. The only thing they don't show is what's in the tanks relative to elthanol contect.....unfortuantely we still have to go out and use the tester.

twistedneck

Established Member
E85 is mostly at 85% in the Detroit area right now as of June 1st. Did find one low volume Sunoco that had E81 however the rest were spot on 85% and one was 87%!

Have any of you noticed that your car is quieter on E85? I did immediately and a buddy also noticed right away its a nice side benefit and the smell is nice also. Did I mention its fast as hell? I feel 20HP - probably 10 but its a nice little bump. Runs cooler, takes longer to warm up in the chili summer mornings.

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
Hall rd and romeo plank speedway. North side of hall rd. E85 tested to e90. Meier at hall west of hayes has e85 untested.
Gas station at hall at old van dyke has e85.. Untested

Citgo at auburn and Rochester has e85 untested.
Meier at Adams and hall rd has e85 untested.

twistedneck

Established Member
Thanks! I cant perfectly decipher your directions if you could please find the locations in google maps and add them to that E85 map. I typed in your directions exactly it couldn't find them.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Bumping this.

e85 stations that I know of:

Grand river and beck road - shell station
8 mile road and haggerty - Meijer
8 mile road and haggerty - BP
Orchard Lake Road and Freedom Road - BP

All untested, however at the shell station they do not advertise the gas to be 70% ethanol like the other stations do. It might be e85 all year round.

twistedneck

Established Member
Bumping this.

e85 stations that I know of:

Grand river and beck road - shell station
8 mile road and haggerty - Meijer
8 mile road and haggerty - BP
Orchard Lake Road and Freedom Road - BP

All untested, however at the shell station they do not advertise the gas to be 70% ethanol like the other stations do. It might be e85 all year round.

Got them added. the grand river shell I could not find so I just put a pointer at the intersection. I need some help adding mustangcobratim's stations though I can't find those as easy on google maps w/o an address.

Users who are viewing this thread