e85 coating(fuel hat) is it worth it?

rfiresnake

Established Member
So i ordered my triple return style fuel system threw lethal like a month and half ago and im still waiting on the coated hat! They are waiting on the coated hats from fore and said it could be 3 more weeks ... Is the coating worth it or doesnt really make a difference? I always like extra peace of mind so i figured i'd try to get some answers

thanks

bb97gt

Established Member
I called Fore when I ordered mine, they said it was a good precaution, but not necessary. Lethal had it in stock when I ordered mine, so I went a head and got the coating. However, if they didn't have it I would have said screw it and got the uncoated piece. I know there are many guys that have been ethanol without for extended periods with no issues.

gt347mustang

Established Member
Ive never seen a fore piece fail from straight e85, mine are holding up great... im curious to see if fore did any testing with this coating, or if they just colored it green and called it e85 resistant.

gt347mustang

Established Member
Well, I think somebody from FORE would have come in and said something if the coating actually did anything...

Ironhand

Banned
There are a lot of people that are running an uncoated hat with great success.

Is it needed? NO. Is it added safety? To be determined.

Users who are viewing this thread