E85 at the pump is trash.

bluecumminss

Established Member
The e85 at my local Sheets is only about 75%. Is there a way to increase the ethanol percentage other then cutting it with e98? Since I'm only using e85 every once in a while could I use a couple handles of Everclear to bring my percentage up? Makes sense me. lol

bluecumminss

Established Member
I can't wait till this summer for summer blend. I'm gonna try it out and I'll post my results.

D.T.R

Established Member
Here in FL i test e85 every time and it's never less than 90% ethanol lol

Bud

Established Member
Is there really going to be that much power difference between e75 and e85?

What is your setup OP? NA, Blower, Turbo, etc?

D.T.R

Established Member
Is there really going to be that much power difference between e75 and e85?

What is your setup OP? NA, Blower, Turbo, etc?

it's not about just the power, it's about what you're tuned for.
I'm sure with 90% ethanol you can run a lot more timing than 70% ethanol, so if you were tuned on "e90" and go put "e70" ... with all the timing I'm sure you'd start to detonate/knock and possibly blow your motor up.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
^unless the tuner turns knock sensors off. Some s/c's can have "noise" that sensors pick up as knock. I've had false knock readings with many platforms. Just saying...

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Anything over 60% is irrelevant for most unless you're absolutely on the ragged edge with your tune.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
My local sheets (Monroeville,Pa) was pretty good. This was done about 2 weeks ago!
554978_10151525117083675_924401879_n.jpg

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
it's not about just the power, it's about what you're tuned for.
I'm sure with 90% ethanol you can run a lot more timing than 70% ethanol, so if you were tuned on "e90" and go put "e70" ... with all the timing I'm sure you'd start to detonate/knock and possibly blow your motor up.

I'm pretty sure that if your tuned for 90% E and you get a tank of E70 your going to run pig rich.

That's why you don't tune on winter blend E. if you do when the closer to 85% comes out you'll lean out.

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that if your tuned for 90% E and you get a tank of E70 your going to run pig rich.

That's why you don't tune on winter blend E. if you do when the closer to 85% comes out you'll lean out.

Yeah richer, but you're going to detonate due to the added timing from the 90% ethanol tune.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you're tuned for 85, you will run a little rich on 80 or 75, but it won't be anything crazy, the adaptive learning will help compensate small changes

Users who are viewing this thread