E85 and N20 on 5.0

bmitchell373

Established Member
I've looked and can not seem to find the thread on E85 conversion. So..

What is needed to run E85 on a stock 5.0 with 150 shot?

Pump, and injectors? I plan on going FI so if I do need to change pumps can I run a Walbro 450 on a stock fuel system?

Same with injectors, run a bigger size and just run low duty cycle in the tune kinda thing till I upgrade to fi?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Walbro 450 alone won't be enough as the stock unit is a 400. A BAP should do the trick but E85 takes a lot of volume, recommend monitoring AFR and STFT to be safe. ID1000's will do what you need.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Dual 405's would get it done on stock voltage. There's hats out there for them but you'd have to go return style with that option. Return's a better option to keep the rails full when the nitrous hits and the pump hasn't ramped up yet.

bmitchell373

Established Member
I plan on 600whp with fi down the road, so ill do what ever is needed to handle that now, less the BAP. I can do a full return fuel system with the billet hat.

Side note I do want to run a 91 tune for road trips.

alex12gt

Established Member
On stock pump? or...

And in the same.. after motor failure I want to be kinda on the right path to a 1000hp+ fuel system

yes stock pump and vortech bap.....your path all depends on where you want to be and your time line if you just want 600hp then all you will need is a bap
if you plan to go 1000hp soon just do a new fuel system and skip the bap....but if its going to be awhile then id just do a bap now as the resale is pretty good and then you can do a fuel system.

like i said it all depends on what and when you plan to do it

bmitchell373

Established Member
yes stock pump and vortech bap.....your path all depends on where you want to be and your time line if you just want 600hp then all you will need is a bap
if you plan to go 1000hp soon just do a new fuel system and skip the bap....but if its going to be awhile then id just do a bap now as the resale is pretty good and then you can do a fuel system.

like i said it all depends on what and when you plan to do it
Stock pump with a BAP on E85 tho?

alex12gt

Established Member
It all depends what your after id agree a safe setup will cost 1k+ but ive got buddys running $400 setups
Just fine

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Fact of the matter is there's so many nitrous kits in the market for these cars you probably could get a killer kit for $400 lol

bmitchell373

Established Member
Even so, nitrous $1,000 done "right" Boost done "right" $10,000 Cause I can throw a 100 shot in and have some fun. But to do a Kenne Bell like I want, (save the arguments on blower vs turbo and centrifugal vs roots etc) it will cost me at least 10k cause while I'm in the engine bay I plan on some custom work to dress up appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread