E85 and knock on the Lincorn

KStromberg

AccelerVIII
Established Member
Hey guys. I have a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII with the B-head modular with stock internals. The car is running a Vortech S-trim with a 3.48 pulley which turns out to be 8-9 psi of boost. Last year full weight on pump gas the car ran a 12.29@111 Over this last spring/summer we converted the car to E85 with a rear mount cell and I took about 250# out of the car. It's set up with 28" ET street SS tires out back on 15s and 17s up front on skinny sportsmans all wrapped on Racestar wheels. To my amazement I made an 11.54@116 mph pass in this car on July 30th at 77 degrees with DA at 2282 feet. E85 has me hooked. :bowdown:

I have some other weight tricks I want to do but my big question is timing advance. Knock is a killer but I want to take advantage of a few more degrees of timing if I can and see if I can hit a high 10 in this car. Currently, the car is at 17 degrees of timing which I heard is really mild. Do I leave the timing where it is at and do my other weight tricks, or do I leave it??

Also to be noted, the car still also has a snow performance meth injection kit on it but I have noticed that my meth level in the tank has slowed to a crawl while on corn. Is this normal? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread