E85 and anodized fuel rails

lxhatch302

Established Member
Found a set of black fore rails and wondering if the e85 will eat away the anodizing on the inside. Last thing I wanna do is clog up some new injectors

FORD4U

Established Member
i dont think it will, the anodizing is a chemical corrosion, i dont think it will be affected by e85 and besides if it did bare aluminum i dont thin kwill be affected anyways, i dont know though forsure

lxhatch302

Established Member
im just making sure so if i go ahead and purchase these ill be safe on not having my injectors go to shit...

so if anyones running e85 with anodized fuel rails post up!

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Thats the same thing they did to their fuel hat. I don't see how it would affect the rails when FORE is advertising "anodized for E85"

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Thats the same thing they did to their fuel hat. I don't see how it would affect the rails when FORE is advertising "anodized for E85"

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ore-precision-fuel-system-components-e85.html

Here is an option to "E Coat" the rails (assuming the E is referring to the fuel) so for just $25 more, you can get piece of mind that they are made to handle it. Its my assumption that all the worry about what the fuel will do to metal opens the door for profiting from peoples worry. Just how I see it, unless I've missed something about what Ethanol is doing to stainless steel.

http://www.foreprecisionworks.com/cobra-fuel-rails.html

Last edited:

lxhatch302

Established Member
Thank you everyone. Im going to go ahead and buy them. I did see that the offered a E coating but don't see there beening something different other than anodizing....

Anyway black rails will just look oh so good with the whipple :D

Users who are viewing this thread