E85 and 200 shot direct port

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Anyone running a 200+ shot with e85 using the cars fuel system ?
Im wanting to try out a 200dp with e85, vortec bap, 47lb injectors and a good tune, the engine is built: 11:1 Manley hbeams, arp2000 rodbolts, diamond pistons, arp head studs, mmr oil pump gears, mmr mmr timing chain gear, boss springs, boss exh cams, ported stock intake with the direct port system installed on it w/nos noids, worked stock converter with welded fins and anti baloon plate and upgraded internals. Its an auto with 355 gears. Aluminum ds, welded axle tubes, full suspension... a bunch of other stuff.
Will i have enough fuel with the bap for the 200 shot?

wolfman311

Established Member
Anyone running a 200+ shot with e85 using the cars fuel system ?
Im wanting to try out a 200dp with e85, vortec bap, 47lb injectors and a good tune, the engine is built: 11:1 Manley hbeams, arp2000 rodbolts, diamond pistons, arp head studs, mmr oil pump gears, mmr mmr timing chain gear, boss springs, boss exh cams, ported stock intake with the direct port system installed on it w/nos noids, worked stock converter with welded fins and anti baloon plate and upgraded internals. Its an auto with 355 gears. Aluminum ds, welded axle tubes, full suspension... a bunch of other stuff.
Will i have enough fuel with the bap for the 200 shot?

I personally think you will be pushing the stock pump too hard and risk pump failure. Have you considered a standalone fuel system for the nitrous? Its not that expensive when considering what you've invested already. I'm sure a reputable tuner will chime in.

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
I think the pump should be fine as far premature failure goes, the bap boosts voltage to 18v and will only be powered with the activation of the nitrous system. Question is will it flow enough fuel to support the 200 hit. I have heard of guys using e85 on a 150 shot with no bap

JTS_7

Established Member
I think the pump should be fine as far premature failure goes, the bap boosts voltage to 18v and will only be powered with the activation of the nitrous system. Question is will it flow enough fuel to support the 200 hit. I have heard of guys using e85 on a 150 shot with no bap

I never got around to using my BAP IIRC. Did hit it with a 150/e85/AED tune didn't see any fuel issues. However I would be very cautious, might as well build a stand alone fuel cell. There is a guy Christian Murillo I believe his name is with a built motor direct port.

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
I have spoken to him before and he shared a few details about the car, i know a stand alone is a gaurateed safe route but how do we know the stock pump+bap isnt enough, has anyone tried it or will i be the first??
My hypothesis is that if a 150+e85 no bap was fine then increasing the pump output by 50% should more than cover a 25% or so increase in power.

Last edited:

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I ran 200 shot on a plate with MS103 fuel and had no issues with just a BAP, but with E85 requiring roughly 30% more fuel Im not sure if the risk is worth the reward!!! Best bet is make a pull on a dyno with a fuel pressure gauge on the rail and monitor it to see if your losing a good amout of rail pressure. Also you could install a Fuel pressure switch to deactivate the Nitrous system if it drops more than 5psi or so!!! Personally I would call Garrett at NX and get a stand alone to go where your battery is and be done with it ,that's what I did!!!

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
I ran 200 shot on a plate with MS103 fuel and had no issues with just a BAP, but with E85 requiring roughly 30% more fuel Im not sure if the risk is worth the reward!!! Best bet is make a pull on a dyno with a fuel pressure gauge on the rail and monitor it to see if your losing a good amout of rail pressure. Also you could install a Fuel pressure switch to deactivate the Nitrous system if it drops more than 5psi or so!!! Personally I would call Garrett at NX and get a stand alone to go where your battery is and be done with it ,that's what I did!!!

How did the car like the 200 hit, and do you think there is a et difference between the plate and dp for the same shot?

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
How did the car like the 200 hit, and do you think there is a et difference between the plate and dp for the same shot?

The car had a built motor so it took the full 200 shot without a progressive controller on the hit no problem with a 4C converter. As far as a plate vs DP the farther the nitrous injection is from the cylinder the harder it will hit, but that doesn't mean it will make any more power!!!

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
What times did you see with the 4c?What gear? Et?would you do anything different? transbrake mod?

Honestly with the plate 200 shot the best I ran was 10.13 I think around 128 mph , the plate was maxed out and not 100% sure I was getting a 200 shot. Then I went DP , E85 and stand alone fuel system went to 250 shot at ran 9.80-9.90s. I did try a transbrake but noticed no 60ft or ET improvement. Oh I forgot right around that time I was running the plate I have 3.73 gears I was also having issues with the factory clutches slipping in the transmission after I rebuild a transmission I went to 3.27 gears

Last edited:

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Honestly with the plate 200 shot the best I ran was 10.13 I think around 128 mph , the plate was maxed out and not 100% sure I was getting a 200 shot. Then I went DP , E85 and stand alone fuel system went to 250 shot at ran 9.80-9.90s. I did try a transbrake but noticed no 60ft or ET improvement. Oh I forgot right around that time I was running the plate I have 3.73 gears I was also having issues with the factory clutches slipping in the transmission after I rebuild a transmission I went to 3.27 gears

what size nitrous supply line did you have-4an or -6an? know a bunch of guys that been running nitrous for years say that the -4an is too small for a 200hp shot and will be a choking point, what did you like better the 3.27 or 3.73

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I feel that the 3.27 gears are much better I had the 4an. line ran when I was on the plate I did switch to a larger line 6 but the plate became the restriction or should I say the solenoids

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Were you trying to stay in 3rd gear through the 1/4? How tall of a tire, and did the 3.27 allow you to stay in 3rd gear. Very well could have had more in it with a true 200 hit

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
We've done it with a 21v BAP but I don't know if it will work on an 18v

Nice, did it get close to running out of fuel, Im Not sure there is a big difference in flow from 18v to 21v, i read a magazine article that had all the baddest fuel pumps vs the coyote stocker as well as flow numbers with and without bap going to 21v, ill see if i can find it and post a link

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
It was a MT82 Boss 302. He just street races it mainly

I would say it's gotta be close to the limit. Are you running a low pressure setup on the nitrous side or a high pressure setup?

I think the car ended up making 700rwhp on spray.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I wouldn't chance it. The direct port is gonna tax the system harder because it's feeding 8 nozzles with fuel, I believe you will have pressure drop and fuel volume issues. Not worth the risk, a stand alone system is the way to go on a 200 direct port, especially with E85.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Also definently do logs to see what's going on and have your tuner fix things if you have issues.

Take it from me, I was stupid and lost a motor because I thought I had false knock and it was not false, it was indeed real! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread