E3 Spark Plugs

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Has anybody installed E3 spark plugs in a stock engine? American Muscle web site sells them (Part # E3.53). Does anybody have an honest opinion? Thank you for any response.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Don't waste your money, Brisk GR12YS plugs, NGK BR7EF or TR7IX plugs are the best plugs for our cars.
+1 on skipping E3 plugs, in favor of NGKs. No first-hand experience with Brisk but, FWIW, did NOT hear good things from a local guy who tried them in his Shelby.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
+1 on skipping E3 plugs, in favor of NGKs. No first-hand experience with Brisk but, FWIW, did NOT hear good things from a local guy who tried them in his Shelby.
Lund recommended Brisk over NGKs, so far them seem ok, I still might go back to the BR7EF plugs

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Lund recommended Brisk over NGKs, so far them seem ok, I still might go back to the BR7EF plugs
VMP pushes them too but, like I said, a local guy (with a VMP tune) was really unhappy with their performance. He ended up returning them and going back to NGKs.

MastaAce03

Established Member
VMP pushes them too but, like I said, a local guy (with a VMP tune) was really unhappy with their performance. He ended up returning them and going back to NGKs.

My car didn’t like the BR7EF plugs. I tried them when I was trying to figure out some false knock issues on my car and the car would become jerky at a constant rpm. Fine at WOT. Went back to TR7IX and issues solved. Went with recommended gap on both plugs, not sure why I had issues with the plugs.

Edit, the plugs I tried were the BR7EF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

96gt02

Established Member
E3 and Brisk are garbage plugs, NGK are far better... the only reason vendors such as Lund and VMP push Brisk is for profit.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you run the Tr7ix plugs or the Br7ef plugs? I have usually only ran the BR7EF plugs

96gt02

Established Member
I also run the BR7EF , not a fan of IX plugs and I change them every year anyway so its a waste IMO

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
At my (local) tuner's recommendation, I went with TR7-IX plugs. Zero problems in two years since install and tune.

I also run the BR7EF , not a fan of IX plugs and I change them every year anyway so its a waste IMO
I know BR7EF plug is a little colder than the tr7, but I think the tr7 has better driveability.

stanger1

Established Member
I stayed with the Stock plugs for the 13-14, which from what i understand, was a slightly colder plug then previous years.
New was a very good price, Gapped at .030., but I am at stock boost levels.

96gt02

Established Member
I know BR7EF plug is a little colder than the tr7, but I think the tr7 has better driveability.

No they are both the same heat range (7) hence the 7 in both part numbers, the only difference is the center electrode material in which I personally prefer nickel over iridium as iridium is meant to last longer but nickel burns better. Now a nickel electrode will run very slightly colder then the same heat range iridium electrode but its not significantly like a colder heat range plug itself and only aids in performance. Spec info from NGK site for each is below if your curious

BR7EF $1.99 NGK 3346 Spark Plugs - Best Car SparkPlug Replacement
TR7IX $8.06 NGK 3690 Spark Plugs - Best Car SparkPlug Replacement

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
No they are both the same heat range (7) hence the 7 in both part numbers, the only difference is the center electrode material in which I personally prefer nickel over iridium as iridium is meant to last longer but nickel burns better. Now a nickel electrode will run very slightly colder then the same heat range iridium electrode but its not significant like a colder heat range plug itself and only adds in performance. Spec info from NGK site for each is below if your curious

BR7EF $1.99 NGK 3346 Spark Plugs - Best Car SparkPlug Replacement
TR7IX $8.06 NGK 3690 Spark Plugs - Best Car SparkPlug Replacement
Thank you for clarifying that.

Robot_trainer

Established Member
My car didn’t like the BR7EF plugs. I tried them when I was trying to figure out some false knock issues on my car and the car would become jerky at a constant rpm. Fine at WOT. Went back to TR7IX and issues solved. Went with recommended gap on both plugs, not sure why I had issues with the plugs.

Edit, the plugs I tried were the BR7EF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had the same experience

Users who are viewing this thread