E15

svo600

Established Member
I saw an article in the New York Times today about E15 and how they are rolling it out, I thought about this and how it might affect our supercharged motors, any thoughts? Sorry if this has been recently discussed.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
no real effect but for maybe some loss in MPG IMO

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
MPG will be affected, as you stated. The stoich of the fuel will also change. If your tune is on the cutting edge of safe, you may require a new tune. Tunes that are safe may run a tad leaner, unless the car can adapt for the change.

2011SVT

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Established Member
I am surprised. I thought the Ethanol subsidies were under some serious legislative attack.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
They should be under attack, it's a ploy for politicians with links to farming a way to get rich quick. It's of NO benefit to the American people as a whole.

The farmers and politicians are getting rich.

The American people are having to deal with lower fuel mileage, degraded fuel quality, and ethanol separation issues absorbing water. I want 100% gasoline back at every pump in America.

E85 for the racers is cool beans, but not E15 for everyone.

What's really sad in Florida. The state has made it mandatory that all stations must sell ONLY E10 to all vehicles used on the highway (they can't even buy pure gasoline regardless of grade). Pure gasoline can only be sold to marine vessels, and can only be found at the marinas.

The benefits of Ethanol, err....I mean foolishness! <--- click it

Last edited:

svo600

Established Member
I guess my main concern and the concerns from the automakes is that it doesnt burn at the same flash point as regular unleaded and it can leave alot of residue on internals and cause engine failure prematurely, im guessing that some of that is far fetched but anyway we run only 91 octane here in Oklahoma as it is so would adding a gallon of race gas into a tank of e15 would that help at all? Thanks for the input on this, im a new shelby owner and I plan to keep my beast running/looking its best for a long time.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If the local Marina wasn't 15 miles away from my home, I would fill up there. Although, they may tell me to take a hike. I would never want to pay their prices anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread