E15- anybody?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
just wondering if anybody knows when E15 will be readily available and how benefit it will provide. I mean hell- if nascar stock cars use it...
my closest E85 station is 80 miles away

T.Man

Established Member
E blending can be very beneficial. Although apples to oranges with regard to the type of fuel injection, those of us in the LNF community have found that E25, E35 and E48 are all very beneficial. Once we moved past E48 up to E60/70/85, we found that there was still power to be made but were definitely trending towards diminished gains and fuel economy.

I'd be willing to be that those that are having difficulties running full on E85 or those that do not want to dump a ton of money into a brand new fuel system could get away with basic fuel upgrades while running E25-E35 and still have the knock suppression/cooling.

Last edited:

Eltee1

Established Member
i think all fuel is e15 around here, if it says fuel may contain up 20% ethanol so i guess its all about e20 right?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I have seen E10 around, but now these ****ers are starting to have non ethanol containing fuel at our pumps- isn't asheville supposed to be a bunch of green hippies?- I just don't understand. I have yet to see a sign saying E15 or contains 20%. I wish I could just have a marathon station beside my place

Users who are viewing this thread