E-brake spring install tool

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I had the unlucky fortune to pop the e-brake spring when I was trying to get the e-brake cable back in. Yea, everyone says to not mess with the spring because it is a PITA to deal with.

Read the threads and it had many suggestions and tried the channel locks but another tool will get it in without a hassle.

Used a 16" Long Reach Hose Gripper Pliers. I used this and gripped both ends of the spring squeezed it to position and the spring ends fell right into position on the caliper. Dropped the straight curved end down into the opening and then used needle nose pliers to place the hook around the bolt. It took all of 1 min to put the spring back on the caliper. I didn’t remove the brake hose from the caliper either.

The pliers I had were from a set from Harbor Freight Tools. They don’t carry this one but did find a website that just sells the Hose Gripper pliers for cheap. https://www.redhillsupply.com/MTN14667.htm

Well now I will be extra careful getting the brake cable back in. This time I will follow AC427Cobra’s instructional video to make sure I don’t make the spring pop out again.

Black Sex

Established Member
thats cool. i have the same problem. The drivers side caliper droped and knocked the spring out. I've been driving mine and the passenger side brake squeaks now unless i press the brakes. Im thinking it has to do with the drivers side spring missing

Users who are viewing this thread