E-brake light comes on during braking

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
Like the title says, my ebrake light comes on when I press the footbrake down during medium to hard braking.

Any ideas?

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Changed your pads lately... I had the problem, but i just recently Replaced the pads and machined my rotors and Wam no more brake light at med or high braking...
What it is, is that when your pads are worn it takes more brake fluid to press on the calipers and this drains it from the master clyinder, below the low fluid marker and a sensor is set off and that why the light comes on.. Or atleast in my case... So Just check into that

wrenchturner

Established Member
KGblack99cobra said:
Changed your pads lately... I had the problem, but i just recently Replaced the pads and machined my rotors and Wam no more brake light at med or high braking...
What it is, is that when your pads are worn it takes more brake fluid to press on the calipers and this drains it from the master clyinder, below the low fluid marker and a sensor is set off and that why the light comes on.. Or atleast in my case... So Just check into that

Yep thats most likely it.. Do more than just top off your master if its low. This is your car telling you that the pads are worn most likely, and its time for a brake job. I own a 01 also and have just started getting this under VERY hard braking. I know I need brakes.. LOL just waiting on my new bembo's and pads to show up...

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Yea that what i did, Brembo pads on all four corners as well as ordered me some slotted rotors.. Still waiting on those, My stock Rotors were machined for the finaly time... :( They did how ever last 100000 miles SO props on ford for that

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
KGblack99cobra said:
Yea that what i did, Brembo pads on all four corners as well as ordered me some slotted rotors.. Still waiting on those, My stock Rotors were machined for the finaly time... :( They did how ever last 100000 miles SO props on ford for that

i'm at 121K on the original front rotors.... :beer:

duece

Established Member
My gt did that and it was just barely low on fluid........

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
Well, when it stops snowing outside, I'll go check the fluid.

Pads and rotors are just a few months old, so I think I can count that out.

thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread