e-brake boot where to find?

PJM99

Established Member
Anyone know where I can get a new black rubber boot thing that goes around the e-brake where it goes into the console?

jspalmer01

Established Member
I bought a used console off EBay that has a good boot. Have not put it on yet though. Its held on by that funky heat push pin kinda thing (real scientific).

PJM99

Established Member
How do you take these things apart?

consolerubber.jpg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I got a replacement boot from my dealer...

I regards to the person who asked how you take it apart, if your center counsel is anything like the one in my 96 it's not fun.

Basically, the counsel is molded with tabs on the underside of it. They lay the boot over these tabs and melt the tabs on top of the boot securing it in place.

So, unless you can re-heat and reshape these tabs to get a new boot over them and then reheat them again to mash them on top of the new boot... well, you get the point. Virtually all of the little tabs on my center counsel snapped off when I was trying to accomplish this. It is beyond frustrating.

I just ended up purchasing a leather e-brake boot from redlinegoods.com and installed it using, of all things, velcro. Completely removable and you couldn't ever notice it was held on by velcro unless you got an inch away from the counsel...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread