E Brake adjustment

PACOS50

Pacos50
Established Member
Does anyone know how to adjust the parking brake on a Fox with rear disk brakes, I did the 03 Cobra conversion on my car using 93 Cobra cables which were the ones that were reccomended but, with the cables connected the car drags the rear brakes. I was trying to adjust the e-brake but when I looked under the center console all I saw was a sping looking thing. I have looked in every manual I could find and they all refer me to a dealer. I am in the military stationed in Japan and needless to say Ford dealers here are overly scarced. If anyone has any info i'd apreciate it. Thanks.:shrug:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Did you remove that self adjuster spring? If you didn't, that's your problem. The spring in the E-brake was for the adjustment of the parking brakes on drums, if you don't remove it, it will cause the disc brakes to drag.

PACOS50

Pacos50
Established Member
No I have not removed it, I understand now. I'm guessing there is an adjustable cable to be used in place of the spring, would it be out of a later model? SN95 perhaps? Any welding or other modifications involved? Thanks for your help FISHTAIL.

glasslaws

Established Member
After you get that coiled spring out, you weld the 2nd or 3rd tooth, and cut/grind off a metal tab on top

Picture1-2-1-1.png

I used M-2809-A e-brake cables (2, one for right, one for left), and (1) M-2810-A. It's a pain to adjust them, but at least it doesn't have to be done often! You have so squeeze your hand above the drive shaft with a wrench or two.

6-11-09021.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread