E-85 in a 96 Cobra?

corysmach1

Established Member
I was curious what it would take to convert my 96 Cobra to E-85. The car already has a BBK 255 fuel pump in it so what else do I need to do to make it work and be safe? I researched E-85 when I had my 03 Cobra and was dead set on converting it becuase the cooling effects and the higher octane allowed more timing which means big power for boosted cars....with that being said my car will be a full bolt on car with nitrous, so I am curious the power gains I would see with my setup? I have already searched there are plenty of E85 stations around my area. Thanks guys.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Cory,

Like I replied in your PM.

All that is needed is to set up your fuel system to be able to provide about 30% more volume at Wide Open Throttle. So that would mean larger injectors and more fuel pump.

There are many way to go about doing this. If you are running 24# injectors for example, I would suggest running 39# injectors. (03-04 Cobra Stock Injectors) You should easily be able to find a set in The Market Section.

Then just add 30% more fuel. 255 Liter pump, You can either replace it with a single 340 pump, or add another pump to it. Either will give you the extra volume you need.

Then enjoy running cleaner burning 105 Octane, without killing O2 sensors and plugs and save $$$ as well!

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
Cory,

Like I replied in your PM.

All that is needed is to set up your fuel system to be able to provide about 30% more volume at Wide Open Throttle. So that would mean larger injectors and more fuel pump.

There are many way to go about doing this. If you are running 24# injectors for example, I would suggest running 39# injectors. (03-04 Cobra Stock Injectors) You should easily be able to find a set in The Market Section.

Then just add 30% more fuel. 255 Liter pump, You can either replace it with a single 340 pump, or add another pump to it. Either will give you the extra volume you need.

Then enjoy running cleaner burning 105 Octane, without killing O2 sensors and plugs and save $$$ as well!

Ok so my stock lines are ok?

Teej281

Established Member
Yea, a Jay Racing HP342 pump would work well for him, throwing 350lph at 40psi should be enough.

Users who are viewing this thread