E 85 Consequences?

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
do you recommend, for a weekend warrior, to burn a tank of E on the weekend and keep it filled with E during the week while the car sits. Would you keep Lucas in it or just add for a car that sits longer that a week? Thank you.

If you're cycling it out once a week, you have nothing to worry about and don't even need to use the stabilizer. Even if it sits for a month, I wouldn't be concerned with it. If the car is going to sit for more than a month, I would use the stabilzer.

Jon82387

Established Member
If you're cycling it out once a week, you have nothing to worry about and don't even need to use the stabilizer. Even if it sits for a month, I wouldn't be concerned with it. If the car is going to sit for more than a month, I would use the stabilzer.
Pretty much this.... I've been running it for about 2-3 years now and never had any issues at all.

If it sits longer than a month and you ho to drive it just baby it through that tank of gas until you fill with fresh just in case the ethanol percentage did drop.

Buy a fuel tester and make sure to test your fuel often especially when the weather starts getting cooler. Typically if you can find one station that tests good all the time stick with that station.

Only real issue i have noticed is if you ever pull the fuel injectors out after a few months driving there may be a somewhat sticky/gooey substance on the tips.... this has never caused me any issues but just saying it may be there.

Many guys say run dome 93 through every couple month's to clean the system out but I've yet to try it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Flcracker

Established Member
Hey man thank you very much for relaying your experience with E 85. I just spoke with Power by the Hour and they pretty much said exactly what BigPoppa and Jon said. Anyway... Well, in a week or so Power by the Hour( they've done all the work on my car and are AWESOME) will be installing a Fore fuel system and Ken Bjonnes from Palm Beach Dyno will be tuning it . I'll post the results for those who are interested. Anyway... Thanks again Guys for the help!

jblood37

Established Member
Like already stated if you're driving almost every weekend you're good to go. I'd still top off the tank every time you had a chance.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread