E-85 and Fuel line hose Question

Phil'scobra

Established Member
I have an -8 an feed line that I got from Lethal about 5 years ago. The line is black and has the fiber on the outside. I have the same thing for my return line.

I have been told that the E-85 will eat my fuel line. So I went out and bought a gallon of E-85 and cut some of the hose I had left over and I dropped the hose in a glass jar with the gas.

How long do I need to leave it in before I am sure my fuel line will hold up to the E-85?

Or will this not work? Which I don't see why it would not.

Thanks

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I would call Lethal or PM one of their guys on here, they should be able to help you identify the hose and if its compatible with E85 or not.

JeremyH

Established Member
I use Fore's aqp startlite with black Kevlar/nomex braid with e85 no issues its rated for e85 just like the ptfe.

From lethal's site.

NOTE: This system comes standard with Fragola PTFE fuel hose. PTFE fuel hose is more durable than the standard hose and prevents fuel smell typically found when using non PTFE hose.We have used the standard Fragola non-Teflon based fuel hose on several of our shop cars with both gasoline and E85 with excellent results and no fuel smell. If you would like the non PTFE hose please choose that option from the dropdown menu. If you decide to purchase this kit with the standard hose Lethal Performance will not be liable for claims of fuel smell after installation.

Phil'scobra

Established Member
My hose has the black Kevlar/nomax braid also. Below is what i have

2-02-15025.gif

The hose in the E-85
2-02-15026.jpg

Photo of what i am building:
2-02-15010.jpg

With the 2.9 in:
2-02-15016.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread