Dynos of Different Blowers

dynobobstieg

I was very pleased to see Sambandit's Graph-- it clearly shows the Eatons advantage on HP and TQ up to 5500 Rpms.
We will continue to improve on these Numbers in 2005--STAY TUNED! :thumbsup:
Bob

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
I was very pleased to see Sambandit's Graph-- it clearly shows the Eatons advantage on HP and TQ up to 5500 Rpms.

Bob

While it is fun to look at the dyno sheets and compare how the roots makes power vs twin screw, these overlays aren't gospel.

Sambandit did a very good job announcing the differences, it appears some failed to read his notes...

KB:
I mean a KB @19psi ??? Everyone knows that is in the area of 630rwhp and 600+ft lbs. This is a very poor tune. (conservative)

Whipple:
The whipple is 16psi vs 18psi on the eaton. How can this prove the roots advantage?

PC - I won't bother..

In the end, I do agree that the roots compressor makes tq and power differently than a twin screw, but to it's advantage I'm not so sure (boost being equal). How about real life track results.. Honest question here: What's the fastest eaton only car out there? Then look at the twin screw s/c's.

In the end it all comes down to how fast you wanna go and how much coin you wanna spend I guess.

Thanks for the graphs as I do enjoy seeing these types of comparo's.

Oh and happiness IS being blown

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Wilson & Co said:
While it is fun to look at the dyno sheets and compare how the roots makes power vs twin screw, these overlays aren't gospel.

Sambandit did a very good job announcing the differences, it appears some failed to read his notes...

KB:
I mean a KB @19psi ??? Everyone knows that is in the area of 630rwhp and 600+ft lbs. This is a very poor tune. (conservative)

Whipple:
The whipple is 16psi vs 18psi on the eaton. How can this prove the roots advantage?

PC - I won't bother..

In the end, I do agree that the roots compressor makes tq and power differently than a twin screw, but to it's advantage I'm not so sure (boost being equal). How about real life track results.. Honest question here: What's the fastest eaton only car out there? Then look at the twin screw s/c's.

In the end it all comes down to how fast you wanna go and how much coin you wanna spend I guess.

Thanks for the graphs as I do enjoy seeing these types of comparo's.

Oh and happiness IS being blown
I agree with everything you said... for the most part...lol

I am still waiting for the twin screw blowers to prove themselves on the race track. Here is the problem I have, eveybody that is going fast switches to an auto and solid. I would like to see somebody with a full bolt-on Eaton do these same mods and see what they run. I promise you, mod for mod, a Stieg Eaton car will be within a tenth or 2 and a mph or two with the other cars. This has been proven many times. Just look at the times people say they run.

I have never seen so many 600 hp 11.50 @ 125 cars in my life. All 600+ hp twin screw cars should run at least 130 mph with their high rpm ho advantage, but they dont. It's just interesting, I think torque gets you down to 1/4, other people think it's hp. To each their own and you gotta love these cars!

Eatonup

Established Member
Though it's not all that common. I did witness an upper and lower pullied apten eaton seize up on the dyno this past summer. Luckily most of the shrapnel was caught by the intercooler. I think I'll go twin screw just to be safe. :)

Eatonup

Established Member
sambandit said:
WOW, haven't heard of many Eaton failures like that!

Neither did I but it was a pretty scary sight. I hung around to see what happened internally and it looked like the rotors dug into the back of the case. Thank goodness for the intercooler because it caught almost all the metal.

primo

Established Member
sounds like a human error rather than an internal failure. Was the snout or blower ever pulled off for porting?

Users who are viewing this thread