Dynos of Different Blowers

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Just having some fun. Wanted to see how my car stacked up against the big boys now with the new port job. Seems to do pretty good until 5500 rpms...lol. Second graph is my car against a Procharged F1A 03. Pretty interesting..

Here is what I have so far. Green is my car at about 17-18 lbs. Blue is a KB car at 19 psi but with very little timing, and red is a whipple at about 16 psi I think? Cant remember what you said Dana...lol. I am not trying to start shit or say anything, just wondering how my new port compared. You can see the Eaton die at about 5500 RPMS...lol

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

Jeff S

Established Member
Interesting...do you have a boost gauge on your car? If so, what is the highest boost you see and also what boost do you see at 6200?

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
one thing...did you dyno in dever again? there is like a 1.2 something correction factor that just about throws everything out of wack

interent thought non the less

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
What's the difference between me having a 1.2 correction factor for my dyno and other people having a .95 for theirs? It's all the same software and corrections used by dynojet. PLease, dont accuse me of being a internet racer or I'll come to Toledo and show that Whipple Cobra of yours who is boss....lol

Last edited:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
sambandit said:
What's the difference between me having a 1.2 correction factor for my dyno and other people having a .95 for theirs? It's all the same software and corrections used by dynojet. PLease, dont accuse me of being a internet racer or I'll come to Toledo and show that Whipple Cobra of your who is boss....lol

lol really it would work best if everyone had 1.0

sam can you post a uncorrected one of the 3 showing atmospher <---spelled way wrong

thanks

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Thats why I want a procharger... Its nothing till 5000, then it gets ugly.. You have more tq then the whipple and KB, nice! What PSI on the KB?

Last edited:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Thats why I want a procharger... You have more tq then the whipple and KB

:dw:

must have been droped on your noodle

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
OKOK, here are uncorrected numbers, to my dismay...lol

I dunno if 03SnakeBite saw the second graph. No offense to anyone out there, but how in the world could you choose a Procharger over a Twin Screw blower??

comp3.jpg

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
sambandit said:
BTW, I run 11.8 here with only 424 hp, not bad eh? lol

no not bad at all

could i get one more tibit.... the Bar info that winpep shows uncorrected.... dont have to past the pic just the info it should show Bar and temp :thumbsup:

i would move if i was you lol

Last edited:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
anyways tahts part of the reason to a point anyways the corrections can not be to close or accurate... its cant correct that much and be right
or accurate

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
sambandit said:
Is this what you are looking for?

comp4.jpg

BTW, so what are you saying. My numbers are not accurate?

ya thats what i was looking for :)

about the numbers.... they have to be close because of the times your ran at or lower alt.

but to compair dyno to dyno i dont think its as close as it looks.... i would much rather see it on a lower alt dyno

the dyno does not know your superchared...and can not correct for that

alt affects N20 then turbos then supercahrgers then.. na cars in that order and the dyno can not guess that with software

nor can the dyno guess how much heat is affecting your blower... it can not correct for this..

ideal would be same dyno same day ... but for a best guess the software works ok at best

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
24.29 holy crap man move out of there how do you breath even :)

LCCOBRA

Established Member
sambandit said:
Is this what you are looking for?

comp4.jpg

BTW, so what are you saying. My numbers are not accurate?

Very nice numbers sambandit :thumbsup: , if you don't mind me asking what are your mods per this dyno. I know you have a ported blower but I have'nt been keeping up with your post's so I was'nt shure.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Just to finish on what we were talking about Vector, I have a buddy in town with a KB and it is the same exact story, I can overlay our graphs and they look almost identical to what we are seeing here, other than the fact that he is up to 23 lbs of boost now.

As far as my mods go, still the same stuff, just got an updated port from Stieg..

Steeda CAI, Accufab TB, Kooks LT's, Catted H, Bassani CB, 2.93/6lb lower, Predator.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
sambandit said:
Just to finish on what we were talking about Vector, I have a buddy in town with a KB and it is the same exact story, I can overlay our graphs and they look almost identical to what we are seeing here, other than the fact that he is up to 23 lbs of boost now.

As far as my mods go, still the same stuff, just got an updated port from Stieg..

Steeda CAI, Accufab TB, Kooks LT's, Catted H, Bassani CB, 2.93/6lb lower, Predator.

cool have you got to play around with him at all recently?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Nope, just at the track. He has a best of 11.52 at 119 I think, my best is 11.87 at 116 however I missed 4th a little...lol. Next year should be fun. He also is putting in stage 3 cams, and I am gonna spray mine. We should both be low, low 11s at altitude.

Users who are viewing this thread