dynomax exhaust

compcobra

Established Member
Any opinions on what O/R mid-pipe will make a dynomax 3.0 inch exhaust sound good? The dynomax catback is not as loud as I thought it would be. The sound is not too bad now but I am looking for a little more volume. Any opinions?

jiocco

Banned
I've got a dynomax 3" catback with a prochamber. It sounds awesome. I never realized just how loud it was until I cut the tailpipes off and welded on turndowns. People can hear you coming from miles away!!

compcobra

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I am glad someone out there has a dynomax setup out there, not just me. Which mid pipe would give the exhaust a crisper note? By what I have read the prochamber gives quite a deep and hollow sound. Anyone out there have a off road x or h pipe on a 3" dynomax catback?

the ambush

Established Member
i installed a 3" Dynomax Ultraflow cat back on my 04 cobra after a friend made me realize i had a hair dryer sound. i had ultraflows on my tt 5.0 and loved them. i still have oem h-pipe and so far i couldn't love my sound more. i wish to free up more horses with x-pipe but i know the catless will be too loud for my taste. around spring i will go with catted xpipe .

the 2.5" ultraflows are said to be good for 500hp each.(according to dynomax). 3"must be a lot more. they are not too loud when cruising and act as straight pipe at WOT.

good luck

:beer:

whippleblown03

Established Member
i have the dynomax 3" with a UPR off road x-pipe. real loud when standing on it. has a drone sound in 6th at about 65mph. go to 75 mph and it goes away or put it in 5th. sounds great cruising around town. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread