DynoMax Cat-back???

vortecd

Established Member
I tried the 39504 and the fit was bad. I have tried a few axle backs and they all bolted right up but I had to move the whole exhaust and bend the hangers to get it to work. One hanger is longer then the other at the front of the mufflers so they sit at an angle. I think they must have thought it would look better to do it that way. It was right since if they were both the same length it would not fit at all. Didn't care for the sound either so I sent them back. They have a sound guarantee so I sent them back based on that

I modified the stock mufflers and they sound better then anything I tried. I have no cats or resonators so most mufflers are too loud for my taste

Jdm351

Established Member
I run these and like the sound a lot. My exhaust is currently stock other than the axleback. I had these mufflers on my '83 and my '00 and have always liked the sound. They do sit at an angle and the tips are not slash cut, which I would prefer. I did have to bend the driver side hanger because it would rattle on the muffler bracket when it got hot.

Most other mufflers always had the wrong sound or were too loud and I wanted a straight through design.

And everyone runs gt500s so I didn't want those either.

vortecd

Established Member
with stock exhaust they may sound better. The Roush's sound pretty good stock but get rid of the cats and they don't

q6543

Established Member
Have it on my car, with orx...it's deafening outside, consistently 2 tenths faster than my stock oap gt500 exhaust.

definitely because racecar exhaust

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Quality issues x2 here with their VT series axle back. The hangers were WAY off. Packing material from one muffler flew out after the first drive. I lucked out as they were a breathy, raspy mess.
8f653ed9500abb7582056f5d20bb2f43.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread