DYNOMAX Axle-Backs??

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I have not tried those, but did try the VT version of their axle back. It sounded horrible with no cats and stock resonators in place. The fit was way off, see the attached photo. During the first drive, packing material started coming out of one of the mufflers, luckily, which allowed me to return them.
f7900ab6cccb265d6f84c8bee31734f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reaper14

Established Member

Coosawjack

Established Member
Here's a short sound clip of the KOOK's!! The ONLY thing I don't like is the tip they have on 'em....too dang short!!:(

Coosawjack

Established Member
I'm currently running an MRT Performance Catted H-Pipe to BORLA resonator delete over axles to the KOOK's and now the Ford Performance Touring Axle-Backs!!

Here is a sound clip of the Ford Performance Touring Mufflers.....mellow!!

Coosawjack

Established Member
Tnx Logan.......I like to be able to talk inside the car with windows up and having the noise outback with NO DRONE really helps!!;)

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I think both of your set ups sounded great but I prefer the touring mufflers. Did you ever try the gt500 muffler, after everyone e recommended them I recently with with them and could not be happier. Wish I had a clip for you but I don't, prolly wouldn't do much good since I'm running longtubes, or, and stock resonators.... Pretty much the complete opposite of your set up.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Coosawjack

Established Member
I've tried 7 different ones and sold or returned all but the KOOK's.......ROUSH and LEGATOS were HORRIBLE on my car.......Magnaflows and KOOK's sounded great but had a slight DRONE.......Ford Performance Tourings are the best for me so far!!;)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks!! I really like the Tourings as well....nice mellow sound and quieter in the car!!:)
For day to day driving, I would prefer the Touring mufflers as well. It has a smoother tone with (apparently) no drone. The Kooks sounds better with more throttle, but some of that bark much enter the cabin. So yeah, I'd like the FRPP Touring mufflers. When I had my '03 Cobra, I finally settled on Steeda (Borla) catback (tried Magnaflow first). It had a very similar sound, with absolutely no drone.

Users who are viewing this thread