Dynojet Vs Mustang Dyno

pumped 03

Established Member
what are the differences between the two.i know the mustang dyno puts a load on the car.but which one does the best for tunning on the 03 cobra.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
The mustange (or superflow) will put a more accurate load on the car. Any dyno will will and ideally any tune that is done should have A/F monitored via wideband in a precat bung. Also when done on the dyno a good street run with a precat wideband is an excellent idea as well.

FKing1

Established Member
A Mustang Dyno loads your car based on actual vehicle weight and aero drag coefficient. An inertia Dyno (DynoJet) has a fixed inertia and loads every car the same.
Fred K.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
After checking out all the dynos I felt the Mustang was the best for my needs. It really helps with the loading to do driving cycles and find drivability issues.

Rick

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
With all the motors that are going down lately, I would like to know what cars were tuned on a dynojet vs mustang dyno. I bet most of them were dynojet, due to its inability to effectively produce the proper load needed to get the correct A/F.

davidmax

Established Member
IMHO I run a Dyno Jet for tunning @ Xtreme,however they are = for Dyno Tunning.We do our load tunning at the track with a laptop and wide band 02 sensor and this combo is lethal for a perfect tune.Dave Smilovic.
PS no Dyno can accuratly add load like driving the car and also having a great ear,Dave S.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
So you actually take every car to a track, put it in 4th, and run it to make sure the A/F is good while under actual load? Wow! now thats awesome!!!

Users who are viewing this thread