Dynoed today!!!!!!!

Bry 03 Cobra

Established Member
I dynoed the 03 today, my mods are magnaflow catback and a K&N w/silencer removed. First off, after dynoing I called Jimmy V, he thinks my TQ numbers are too high, I called LaRoccas, they said all the other cars dynoed today had good dyno numbers (96 Cobra, 270hp,270tq) I hope I got a freak. My first run is base, the second two were with Moonlight's Diablo chip.

run 1) Base_______399.3 HP 414.4 TQ

run 2) Diablo Chip__420.9 HP 437.9 TQ

run 3) Diablo Chip__420.6 HP 437.5 TQ

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by Bry Sonic 03
I dynoed the 03 today, my mods are magnaflow catback and a K&N w/silencer removed. First off, after dynoing I called Jimmy V, he thinks my TQ numbers are too high, I called LaRoccas, they said all the other cars dynoed today had good dyno numbers (96 Cobra, 270hp,270tq) I hope I got a freak. My first run is base, the second two were with Moonlight's Diablo chip.

Bryan

I think the torque figures are all too high - I have yet to see a non-pullied car pulling more torque than HP on this car. Mine did not, either stock or at the last dyno, 438HP/417 torque

Last edited:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by Bry Sonic 03

Bryan

Run another set of dyno tests to prove that the first set of pulls weren't false...

...but not to me. They look great from here. Personally I'd be happy with that set only, and ta heck with the naysayers. :bash: Looks like you got a ringer! :beer:

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
RWHP seems right,,However compared to others with similar mods..You have 30 more RWTQE..
I'd get a second opinion.

Jim V.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
ON THE MONEY with me.

I ran a 420 RWHP (413.7 SAE) and about 398 RWTQ. So your about 30 ft lbs above me.

See sig for mods.

:beer:

BlackCobra99Va

Established Member
Brian, it was cool hanging out with you yesterday and seeing that Beautiful car of yours!!! :) These dyno #'s were legit....I would be willing to bet these cars, like other DOHC cars, like to have "straight" thru mufflers (like Magnaflow) rather than the chambered stuff from Mac and FlowMaster.... With the Chip, the car pulled much better on the dyno and sounded alot crisper....Man, I wish Ford would offer 0.0% on the 03's, I would have one in a heartbeat!!! :lol:

Brian, get the dyno sheets scanned for all the "non" believers!!! Larocca's dyno has ALWAYS been right on the money.... Also,there was a BONE Stock motor 92 GT with just a fuel system, DFI and a T72 turbo that made 450rwhp and 600rwtq on 15lbs of boost!!!! LOL

Jeff

i8u

Established Member
What kind of correction facter were they using?

Very impressive to say the least.:beer:

Moonlight96GT

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
What kind of correction facter were they using?

Very impressive to say the least.:beer:

All #'s are STD correction.

Bryan, I too think they are legit. It's not impossible for these cars to have different characteristics from car to car. When you race on the 9th of Nov, it will prove that they are correct. :D That can be your 2nd opinion! :beer:

Smrgol

How about listing the rpms that the peaks were at? I'm just curious since most peak low if yours is different there.

Bry 03 Cobra

Established Member
run 1) 399.3HP @5900rpm 414.4TQ @3700rpm
run 2) 420.9HP @5900rpm 437.9TQ @3900rpm

I will stop by kinkos tomorrow, see if I can have the sheet scanned to a disc, If I can will post it.

Bryan

Smrgol

Did they run the car up to 6500 rpm? Your peak power numbers are about 300 rpm sooner than mine but your peak torque comes on close to mine (3800 rpm). If they ran it out to redline that might mean that your torque is dropping sooner/faster in the upper rpms. Could mean that there's some power in the upper end that you're being cheated out of. I'm seeing about 80% of peak at 6500 rpm.

Now I'm really curious :). Post those charts ;).

Bry 03 Cobra

Established Member
heres the dyno sheet

227349_17_full.jpg

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by JoeAsheville
Looks blank to me...

I can see it. It's faint, though. Check you monitor.

Mike

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Nope. Blank. Even used an enhancement program. Oh well.

Dell 20 inch flat panel BTW...no problems in other applications whatsoever, so it's not my monitor.

But thanks for posting the sheet anyway. :beer:

FlashSVT

Established Member
Dell 20 inch flat panel BTW...no problems in other applications whatsoever, so it's not my monitor.
Then it's your video card . . . :bash:

BTW, everytime I see your avatar pic I sing the theme from Indiana jones. :p

Smrgol

Very cool. I dunno. AFR look decent. It's leaner than mine by a whole point. I wonder what your timing curve looks like. Your power curves look like mine, I don't see much of a difference at the top end.

I wonder if *I'm* missing some torque now :).

Users who are viewing this thread