Dynoed the R!

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
I dynoed the R last Saturday at Paul's High Performance shop in Jackson, Michigan. According to the specs that Ford put out, the car should put out 300 hp @4800 rpm and 365 lbs/ft @ 3750 rpm at the flywheel. I'm not sure what the average loss is to the rear wheels but I believe that it is around 15%. If that is the case, the rwhp should be 255 hp and 310 lbs/ft. My numbers were 269.5 @ 4800 and 339 @ 3700. My current performance mods are Bassani Offroad X-pipe, Bassani Catback and WMS Velocity Tube. I wish I would have gotten a baseline dyno before sticking any mods but at least I'm 15hp and 29lbs/ft ahead of the baseline. Paul thought that the stock MAF with the WMS tube may be hurting me slightly so he suggested getting the matched MAF. It is amazing how the RPM numbers corresponded perfectly to Ford's numbers.

I sure do have a long ways before I can compete against the 00R.

Here's the dyno.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Looks great, Dean. The nice thing is you have alot of low end torque that is very usable on the shorter tracks. The 00r's need to be rev'ed to high heaven to get to the power band.

Brian

kevin

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Looks great, Dean. The nice thing is you have alot of low end torque that is very usable on the shorter tracks. The 00r's need to be rev'ed to high heaven to get to the power band.

Brian

dean - yea, what brian said.

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R

Brian
Dean, yep, these guys are correct. However, once you get the '00 R up past 3 grand on the tach... that is when the real fun begins!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D Especially since I have 3.73's in my car now... man does it scream coming out of turns in 3rd gear!! WHEW!

Those are great numbers for that engine!

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Hey Dean those are great numbers!!! I just looked at my dyno sheet from the (95 R I had( and wished I never sold) I had 262.7 HP and 323.4 torque. I had a K&N air cleaner, bassani offroad X pipe and Borla exhaust.

My 00 supercharged Saleen S281, made 279.1 HP and 355.3 torque. The Saleen is rated at 350 HP from Saleen.

I don't know how many guys around the Chicago area would be interested, but I can arrange a Dyno day at the speed shop I am associated with, Steet Stuff in Addison Illinois. We have the O2 sensor and can show air fuel graphs. If we get enough guys we can probably do a 3 pull session for about 70.00. Get enough guys and make a day of it!

Your thoughts?? Interested people E-mail me and let me know, we can do it now or in spring!

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by Terry Moenich
I don't know how many guys around the Chicago area would be interested, but I can arrange a Dyno day at the speed shop I am associated with, Steet Stuff in Addison Illinois. We have the O2 sensor and can show air fuel graphs. If we get enough guys we can probably do a 3 pull session for about 70.00. Get enough guys and make a day of it!

Your thoughts?? Interested people E-mail me and let me know, we can do it now or in spring!

I would be interested in getting something going in the spring. I think we could get plenty of people to come.

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
E-mail me about that dyno session...

I know I would make the trip to check out the cars. I don't have an R, but I can show up and dream, right? Keep my e-mail and let me know when you guys decide to head up there. I live near Route 66, but I have NO trouble making the trip for a day of pictures and bs'in

Talk to ya.

:gt: :mj: :gt:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: E-mail me about that dyno session...

Originally posted by Tydlwavs
I know I would make the trip to check out the cars. I don't have an R, but I can show up and dream, right? Keep my e-mail and let me know when you guys decide to head up there. I live near Route 66, but I have NO trouble making the trip for a day of pictures and bs'in

Talk to ya.

:gt: :mj: :gt:

TY,
If you are free, some of us will be up at Gingermann raceway( about 2 hrs from Chicago) next weekend (Oct-27th) for a track event by our Cobra club. So if you would like to come and see some of these cars "on track" you would be welcome to come.

Brian

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Dean,
You gotta take your car to the strip and get some numbers. I'm real curious to see what kind of MPH you turn. It would give me some idea of where I stand.:D

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by HAMMRHEAD
Dean,
You gotta take your car to the strip and get some numbers. I'm real curious to see what kind of MPH you turn. It would give me some idea of where I stand.:D

Well, I might be taking it to the strip the first weekend of November. I still have to clear it with the boss. I will tell you that I stink at drag racing so I'm not sure what value it will be. There's just not enough curves in the sport! :D:D

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by Dean99CobraV

Well, I might be taking it to the strip the first weekend of November. I still have to clear it with the boss. I will tell you that I stink at drag racing so I'm not sure what value it will be. There's just not enough curves in the sport! :D:D

What I'm most interested in is the MPH as ET's can vary in too many ways. Have Fun if ya go and be prepared to be surrounded by admirers.:rolling:

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Hey dean, with slicks you should be in the 12's. My 95 R with ET streets went 13.01 at Route 66, unfortunately, I also bent the output shaft of the trans doing it!

Users who are viewing this thread