Dynoed my 2012 over the weekend...

Mus35th

Established Member
2012 5.0 Manual 2500 miles

Roush intake, Magnaflow O/R X pipe, GT 500 Mufflers, Lund 93 Street tune

Mustang Dyno

391/379

12.8 AFR

There was a blip at the end of my second run that was 406 but after smoothing was applied it was 391.

Seems a hair low from others I have been seeing. I know the Mustang dyno will be slightly lower and the Roush intake is down about 5 HP over others but I was still hoping for a solid 400 on each pull. My 1st pull was 384.

For comparison my friend dynoed his 2011 with an AIRAID intake and Bama 91 Race tune.

365/380

Odd seeing a 5.0 making more TQ than HP...

Below 3000 RPMS his tune was making 30 more TQ over the Lund tune but after both cars reached peak TQ the curves were almost identical only 25ish lower HP.

Last edited:

DIB5.0

Established Member
It looks to be your intake holding you down. You could gain another 10 with a JLT,Steeda or Airaid. Plus Lunds Street tunes does dyno lower than his aggressive.
Guy on another forum has JLT, TORQ tune, Offroad H and dynoed 411 on a Mustang dyno.

Mus35th

Established Member
I was thinking about a throttle body eventually to get me at a solid 400.

Seems the L&Ms are making about 10.

This is a DD that will see about 25k a year so I didn't want an aggressive tune. I guess I should be happy with that. Probably by the end of the year I'll get a dynotune to see if there are a few tweaks that can be made here and there. I'd like to see more timing down low to bring the TQ up after seeing what the curve was on the Bama 91 Race tune.

Last edited:

wazslow

Established Member
I think your numbers are fine. Thats over 400rwhp on a dynojet all day. Throttle body is a waste of money for you at this point.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Nice numbers

You simply can't compare different dyno numbers. Focus on your before and after numbers.

AMChrisRose

I have to agree. Dyno numbers from different days, different cars, different fuels, different dynos can't be compared. Where we made more torque down low, he made more power up top, that's weird. 90% of the mail-order tunes out there from the reputable companies you hear mentioned around these boards are going to dyno within a few hp of each other. It's usually run fluctuations and whatnot that change things up. I'd be happy with the numbers you're at. It's a Mustang dyno, so the numbers will be a little lower (even though most MD's these days are using a dynojet-similar correction factor to make up for it, because they got tired of hearing about lower numbers). And at the end of the day, it's the 1/4 mile and how it feels on the street that counts!

Mus35th

Established Member
Where we made more torque down low, he made more power up top, that's weird. 90% of the mail-order tunes out there from the reputable companies you hear mentioned around these boards are going to dyno within a few hp of each other. It's usually run fluctuations and whatnot that change things up.

Well I have an O/R X-pipe and he's got stock exhaust so I figure that is where most of the 26 hp is coming from...

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
Almost 400 RWHP is a good number, but I would not be concerned until you put more miles on. It's not broken in yet!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread