dynoed and disapointed

77whitehorse

Established Member
Should I be disapointed.I have 03 with JLT fender cold air 2 high flow cats with x and fordracing mufflers and 2.8 pulley.I have the diablo with the can pulley tune.Went to dyno thinking I could tune it with the diablo.Because it has the setting for rich and lean and timming adjust.Anyway first pull I only got 422.9rwhp and 465t.I found out their is not enough ajustment on the diablo to ajust the richness out.My cat went below 10 off the scale on richness.We even put just the performance tune in the car like it didn't have a pulley.We pulled it down it was richer than with the pulley.So I guess I have to get a custom tune.Does anyone know how much hpp charges.also what is the average rwhp on these cars with these modds.I was hopeing for close to 500 rwhp.Some give me some insite on this or yall's opinion.Thanks.:xpl:

mrose75

Established Member
Get a custom tune, dump the canned tune. I habe a RR 2.8, Catted X & Cat-back (Bassani) and Steeda intake and you see me sig. Custum tune from RWTD.

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
You're not going to get near 500whp with those mods...

More then likely around 460ish hp and 470-480tq...but dear god get rid of the cannned tune

See my sig for mods and numbers (Numbers were on a 98degree day with about 90% humidity)

Last edited:

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
a friend of mine has a shop and we were talkin about tunin my car when i get the blower ported, and he had a guy come in with the diablo predator, 2.76 and idler and exhaust, and cold air. dynoed at 360hp to the wheels. they ditched the diablo tuned with the SCT and it made 470ish to the wheels. makes me glad i blew 400 bucks on nothing

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
my car with similar mods way rich tune below 10 rich pulled 429hp 464tq hows that sounds like we have the same problem mine is on 90 octane, at 3200 feet.

724COBRA

Established Member
Mine dyno'd 410 at the wheels with 2.8 and Predator canned tune. That was how i bought it. Got a custom SCT tune and put 463 to the wheels. That is right about where you should be. You won't get 500 without porting the blower from what i have read

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I've got simliar mods, bigger pulley and dyno'd the numbers below. I agree with the other guys up top, get rid of the canned tune and get a reliable shop, with a good reputation for balancing safety with HP and you'll be way happier!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!:beer:

DK1

Established Member
my car made 360 rwhp with 2.75 pulley. full exhaust,cai,ngk plugs, idlers ,afco heat exchanger, meth injection and hand tuner

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
DK1 said:
my car made 360 rwhp with 2.75 pulley. full exhaust,cai,ngk plugs, idlers ,afco heat exchanger, meth injection and hand tuner

And your cars an '03 Cobra? Or do you mean 460???

Users who are viewing this thread