Dyno'd tuned

Nineonesix

Established Member
Well if you read my last thread you would know I was debating between a dyno tune and gears. Well I went with a dyno or else I wouldnt be makign this thread.

Mach 1, auto, jlt, xpipe, dyno tune.
He did say it felt like the tranny was slipping up top though.
IMG_0001.jpg

The green line is the mail order tune
IMG_0002.jpg

The old file with the mail order tune from vmp
kdkjfkjanf.jpg

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I'm glad to see you went that route.

Two Q's though...what correction factor did he use? Given you hit M5 numbers, I'm pretty sure he didn't use SAE corrected numbers.

And, are you certain those were run with the tranny locked in 4th?

Your A/F looks good man. Now you can drive around knowing your car is safe and tuned.

Nineonesix

Established Member
I'm glad to see you went that route.

Two Q's though...what correction factor did he use? Given you hit M5 numbers, I'm pretty sure he didn't use SAE corrected numbers.

And, are you certain those were run with the tranny locked in 4th?

Your A/F looks good man. Now you can drive around knowing your car is safe and tuned.

You know I asked him if they were SAE corrected and he said yes, ill ask again today "what was the correction". Since I dropped the car off I dont know exactly how he ran it.

Nineonesix

Established Member
Okay I just found out the tuner dyno'd the car is 3rd (or so he thinks the other guy was out). Would that make any difference in the power etc? He also said he it was sae corrected after a little hesitation which kinda puts me at unease. The shift points seemed a little low compared to the vmp tune. They shifted at maybe 5600ish??

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Okay I just found out the tuner dyno'd the car is 3rd (or so he thinks the other guy was out). Would that make any difference in the power etc? He also said he it was sae corrected after a little hesitation which kinda puts me at unease. The shift points seemed a little low compared to the vmp tune. They shifted at maybe 5600ish??

Maybe third is the correct gear. I'm pretty sure it's fourht though. I believe the auto's are 1:1 in fourth as well. Yes, if the auto isn't locked in the correct gear (which now I'm second guess which one it is LOL), it will read incorrectly.
It could be that he's not 100% sure that it was sae corrected.

The important thing is the A/F is where you need it.

rich1

Established Member
Maybe third is the correct gear. I'm pretty sure it's fourht though. I believe the auto's are 1:1 in fourth as well. Yes, if the auto isn't locked in the correct gear (which now I'm second guess which one it is LOL), it will read incorrectly.
It could be that he's not 100% sure that it was sae corrected.

The important thing is the A/F is where you need it.
3rd :poke:cus 4th is overdrive and thats a no/no!

cobra916

Established Member
Did you like your experience at force fed performance? I am looking to get my car tuned in the near future after my car is done. I was looking at AED to do the dyno...they charge 400 though. How much did force fed charge?

sikcobra03

Established Member
Who is this? Is this Anthony? thats the only person i know in sac with an automatic mach.... but seems like he blew up his engine recently.

Nineonesix

Established Member
Did you like your experience at force fed performance? I am looking to get my car tuned in the near future after my car is done. I was looking at AED to do the dyno...they charge 400 though. How much did force fed charge?
The guy said he would take $100 off if I just got it dyno tuned there. So im guessing $500. I did some searching online and besides some pot growing they seem to be a decent shop. Theres no other choice around here. I heard good things about aed as well.
Who is this? Is this Anthony? thats the only person i know in sac with an automatic mach.... but seems like he blew up his engine recently.

No im not anthony lol.

Users who are viewing this thread