Dyno'd Today

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Wanted to get a baseline Did a few pulls on the dyno today it 63 degrees outside today and the car feels strong. judging from some of the races I've won I figured it was a bit of a factory freak but I wasn't expecting it to make 400whp with an axleback and absolutely nothing else. Also has about 10k miles now.

ac4bdcd3.jpg

2f1b33d8.jpg

d2e71085.jpg

Last edited:

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
Damn! Those are SAE numbers too? Manual I assume. One thing I noticed is that ever since my car hit the 10k miles it feels stronger...so I don't doubt that these cars put more power the more miles you put in them.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
By your location, time of year and temp, I'm guessing your DA was under sea level. SAE correction accounts for that of course, but it can't account for additional timing the car was probably running because of that awesome air.

Either way, nice numbers! I would get it to the track to get a more accurate measure of the power it's making.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
nice #'s

cars a freak for sure.

if i made this with an axelback i might have skipped intake and tuning as soon as i did

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Last time I went to the track it still ran a 12.53@113. Uncorrected it made 411. the 400whp pull was after a 20 min cool down time. Right off the interstate it made 393.4

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
I really need a tune though. Sucks he couldn't ring it out to redline in 5th due to the govenor

08fordgt

Established Member
Those r really nice numbers. If my car wasn't half payed off I would get a new 5.0.

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Thanks guys. I was completely shocked. I was curious if anyone else here made these kind of numbers stock? I saw a video of insideline dynoing one making 395

Lone Star

Established Member
Nice numbers! I made 387 rwhp and 380 tq with only gt500 axle backs for my base line and was impressed. Yours is definitely a Wednesday car

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Hey what up dude. I would've hit u up except i don't have your number and u never texted me yours. I went to Futral Motorsports in Walker.

kyoshosp2

Established Member
Walker ??? I'm in denham... ID get it dynoed at another place .. I went there and my cobra was off too.. If u wanna hook up for a run let me know. Had my 2011 dynoed but not the 2012 I'm in now .. Plus nice to meet a 5.0 in this area ..

Lone Star

Established Member
Looking back on my dyno sheet it looks like you were spinning on the dyno as you reached at one point 430 rwhp and your tq More or less where you say it is (can't see torque because not on your graph) Did you only have one pull? Typical is 3 pulls to determine dyno numbers

wbt

Banned
Remember the track is where it is. We don't want to become like the Camaro crowd and own a bunch of dyno queens. ;)

cbrtrx

Established Member
Very strong numbers, but according to the numbers on the left of the graph the print out is showing around 380 rwhp.

98ss88mm

Established Member
^^ yea it looks way off to me. Based on that pic, it looks like 380/430?

Users who are viewing this thread