Dyno'd the Shelby last week

Ryan23

Established Member
First things first...
Made an appointment with Excessive Motorsports in Manassas Park, VA last week to get 3.73's installed. Chris & Tori were great and very fair on labor. Chris has swapped out more gears than he can count and his work is top notch. I've always been a little leery about having anyone else wrench on my car. However, a gear swap gone wrong 15 years ago made me swear I'd never do it again, lol.

So I figured, since they have a Dyno Jet, why not give it a pull or two before swapping out the gears? I'm running a JLT CF CAI, FRPP SCJ throttle body and a Lund tune. Car has 3,000 miles on it. Admittedly, we didn't give it a lot of time to cool down as I had to go pick up another project car up in Baltimore and Chris still had to swap the R&P. End result was 645 Rhwp & 619 Lbs/ft or torque. Numbers were SAE corrected (Uncorrected would put me at 670 whp :nono:) I was a little bit "disappointed"...ok, maybe that's a touch harsh...let's just say I was hoping for a little higher numbers on the print out. However, with that said, the log showed the ECU pulling a degree of timing up top. Total timing was ~18-19 degrees IIRC. I'm thinking my last gas stop may have been a little suspect. The waviness about 5800 rpm concurs. Boost was 16.75 PSI (stock pulley).

Thanks goes out to Van @ Revan Racing for the parts! Mods are:

Revan "Stage 13-6"
Eibach Pro kit springs (Love 'em!)
Bob's Auto Sport LCAs
BMR LCA relocation brackets
BMR Upper control arm bracket
BMR Upper control arm
BMR Adjustable panhard rod
FRPP 3.73s

The car is really an animal now. I *really* need a set of sticky tires on this car...like yesterday. I'm looking at picking up some 20x11's out back along with a pair of 315/30 Toyo R888s. Treadlife be damned, this car is dangerous right now. I used the trip to Baltimore (100ish miles) as a break in for the new gears and then let her rip in third. The car pitched completely sideways :dw: It's nasty! If your not paying attention in fourth, she'll blow the tires off too :eek: . So yeah... I'm a bit more conscious of how I mash the accelerator now. Never had this problem with the GT-R (900 awhp) :poke:

All told, I'm really happy with it. Van got the parts to me in a decent time frame and Chris installed a quiet set of 3.73's. The Lund tune is fantastic. Even with the oval TB the driveability is damn near stock. The only real annoyance is the throttle will sometime hang around 1500 RPM at slow speeds with the clutch depressed. It drops back to idle <10 mph though. I swear my gas mileage actually improved (19.5 mpg a tank whereas I usually sit between 17-18.5). Who knows...if I really gave a shit I woulda bought a Prius :burnout:.

Ryan

IMG_0036.JPG

[youtube_browser]5cUfusRwwmg[/youtube_browser]

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
nice to hear you are enjoying it! thats a nasty bitch pitching sideways on a 3rd gear roll! :beer:

Ryan23

Established Member
What octane are you running?

I always run what's advertised on the pump as "93" but locations have varied. This next tank is going to come from the neighborhood Shell. I'll do some data logging with it and see how it turns out.

Ryan

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
............... The only real annoyance is the throttle will sometime hang around 1500 RPM at slow speeds with the clutch depressed. It drops back to idle <10 mph though. ......:.

Ryan

I talked to Ken(who tunes for Lund) before about this issue, this is actually put in on purpose to help between WOT shifts. I don't know the exacts of HOW or why in the tune, but their the experts, not me :) They can remove this if you wish. :rockon:

peteypab2133

Established Member
Souds great!! looks like you made some solid HP. Can you post up some pics of the car lowered as well when you get time.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
WOW, 645/619 Sae with a Tune, Cai, and T/B [ Oval, right??]. Stock pulley at 16.75 lbs. of Boost??? How are the 3.73's in town and on the freeway?? Great numbers on gas.... Terrific looking ride...

farmboy90

Established Member
I'd be interested to hear from Lethal, Van, etc on this. Those numbers seem fairly low. The 13-6 kit is supposedly going to add over 100 RWHP.

Ryan23

Established Member
I'd be interested to hear from Lethal, Van, etc on this. Those numbers seem fairly low. The 13-6 kit is supposedly going to add over 100 RWHP.

For whatever reason, Van's car or dyno is the exception not the rule.

Iceman5000: Varied between 632 -658/592-612 depending on the run.
jtrischler: 645/647 (Only one run?)

That's all a search turned up for me with a 13' tune/TB/intake on a Dynojet. Anyone else can feel free to chime in. Make sure you are reporting corrected numbers. Chatting with Van, the numbers seemed right given the mods and conditions.

- Give me a couple degrees of timing (~10hp a degree is general rule of thumb)
- Another pound of boost (since I saw it vary a pound between my runs)

and you could probably land in the high 600s on a nice cool car. Not to mention dyno variances. I'm happy with it.

Ryan

farmboy90

Established Member
For whatever reason, Van's car or dyno is the exception not the rule.

Iceman5000: Varied between 632 -658/592-612 depending on the run.
jtrischler: 645/647 (Only one run?)

That's all a search turned up for me with a 13' tune/TB/intake on a Dynojet. Anyone else can feel free to chime in. Make sure you are reporting corrected numbers. Chatting with Van, the numbers seemed right given the mods and conditions.

- Give me a couple degrees of timing (~10hp a degree is general rule of thumb)
- Another pound of boost (since I saw it vary a pound between my runs)

and you could probably land in the high 600s on a nice cool car. Not to mention dyno variances. I'm happy with it.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, this helps. There are 3 of us here in AZ with 2013s. I think we will all be getting the 13-6 kit + 93/94 torco tunes soon. Maybe us 3 can all get some dyno time to give more data points here.

I just find it odd since both Van and Lethal report much higher gains...

Anyway, I appreciate the research you did and the data you are providing. It is helping to prepare me to be less "disappointed" if I end up dynoing around 640 or so....

gkviper192

Established Member
I talked to Ken(who tunes for Lund) before about this issue, this is actually put in on purpose to help between WOT shifts. I don't know the exacts of HOW or why in the tune, but their the experts, not me :) They can remove this if you wish. :rockon:

It prevents your rpms from quickly dropping off when you push in the clutch in between shifts to keep your RPMs higher. Also makes shifting super slow much easier when cruising.

Ryan23

Established Member
It prevents your rpms from quickly dropping off when you push in the clutch in between shifts to keep your RPMs higher. Also makes shifting super slow much easier when cruising.

Honestly, if the speed threshold was a touch higher...say 15 or 20 mph (appears to be 10 now) I probably wouldn't notice it. It's just a bit annoying as you navigate a slow speed parking lot with the RPMs hanging around 1700.

Ryan

Ryan23

Established Member
Thanks Ryan, this helps. There are 3 of us here in AZ with 2013s. I think we will all be getting the 13-6 kit + 93/94 torco tunes soon. Maybe us 3 can all get some dyno time to give more data points here.

I just find it odd since both Van and Lethal report much higher gains...

Anyway, I appreciate the research you did and the data you are providing. It is helping to prepare me to be less "disappointed" if I end up dynoing around 640 or so....

I look forward to you guys posting the results. Admittedly, we don't really have a bog enough pool yet to get some sort of "standardized" baseline. If you guys do get on the dyno; I'd love to see some datalogs.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread