dyno'd my camaro

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
466 rwhp and 424 rwtq on a dynojet with a fully built Turbo 400 trans and 3500 stall converter. the read end is a Strange 12 bolt with 33 spline axles, 4:10 gears and a spool :coolman:

the mods are as follows >

402 ci
11.1:1 cr
LS2 aluminum block
Callies Forged crank
Manley Forged rods and pistons
AFR aluminum 225 heads
LGX2 cam .595/.609 and 232/240 (112 lsa)
Yella Terra 1.7 ratio twin shaft rockers (not the ultralites)
Fast 102 manifold/92 mm throttle body and fuel rails
57 # LS2 injectors
Racetronix 255 Lph fuel pump
Lingenfelter 100 mm MAF
FTP 104 mm lid
Hooker 1-3/4 headers
Dynomax bullets dumped under the front seats with no cats
HP tune
27* timing
NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .035
100 octane unleaded Torco

i got a dry nitrous kit in the car but have not dyno'd the car with that yet. the nitrous should bump the peak hp up 250 rpm....

as you can see from 6,250 rpm's to 6,500 rpm's the HP curve noses over as a result of the heavier rockers. but i feel the added valvetrain stability will help once i spray the car. we shall see....

i will redyno the car next year with the juice and see what she does :beer:

note: the dyno results and 1/4 time listed in my sig are from my old 346 ci LS1 motor with a 100 shot of nitrous sprayed in 2nd and 3rd gear.

002_zps557fa67b.jpg

402_zps8c20623a.jpg

slp_zpseee60213.jpg

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Nice numbers, the nous should be realty fun :)
Great engine shot, looks good!

as you can see from that pic we took the AC/Heater out of the car. we also took the following out >

front swaybar
wipers and wiper motor
power steeering cooler
smog pump
cruise control
horn
passenger side airbag
passenger seat
back seat
stereo
spare tire/jack
alot of heat sheilds
etc.

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Looks great man! Pretty sleeper from what I can tell. :burnout:

it does looks stock at first glance, but upon further inspection you find that the M/T drag radials on the rear are mounted on stock wheels that i had widened 1.5 inches. also when you look under the car you see this >

allbiz_zps58abd31c.jpg

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
CLEAN car, great build!

I think you are going to surprise some people with it.

E

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Not bad considering the cam size and the drivetrain, unlocked TH400 numbers always read so low. When will we see track times? I'd love to see what it runs/traps to really tell what kind of power it's making.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Very nice!!! Thats approaching (like others said) the 480-500rwhp area with a 6speed and a 10 bolt.

Is a single 255 gonna be enough on the kit?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Not bad considering the cam size and the drivetrain, unlocked TH400 numbers always read so low. When will we see track times? I'd love to see what it runs/traps to really tell what kind of power it's making.

putting the Wolfe 6 point roll bar, race seat and belts in next month. also gonna put a BIGGER torque arm in it than i have now. gonna put the BMR Extreme torque arm in it :-D will be at the track in February.

on the motor only i predict it will run a wheels up 10.99 @ 124 mph off the transbrake at my local track with a 4000 foot DA :coolman:

i may have to go higher on the stall though to get it to run that number. it has a 3500 stall in it now and i will probably end up putting a 4000 or 4500 stall in it.

with a 125 shot of nitrous i think i can hit 9.99 @ 132 mph at my local track with a 4000 foot DA :rockon:

of course at the track i will be runnin my 15" weld drag lite wheels with skinny tires in the front and a 28" tall M/T ET drag slick out back :burnout:

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Very nice!!! Thats approaching (like others said) the 480-500rwhp area with a 6speed and a 10 bolt.

Is a single 255 gonna be enough on the kit?

with a boost a pump....yes, but just barely.

lol, the Ford GT comes stock with two of these fuel pumps and mine are maxed out with the bigger fuel injectors i put in despite the boost-a-pumps that i put in. Camaro is gonna be the same deal but since it is not Supercharged and operates at a much Higher fuel pressure one pump can get the job done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread