Dyno'd my 90 GT Vert with Kenne Bell

YELL03

Established Member
Tuesday I bought a 1990 Mustang GT Vert, clean straight car with a beautiful interior.

On to the fun stuff, it has a T5, GT40 iron heads, E303 cam, and a Kenne Bell 1.5 supercharger.

Has shorty headers, O/R midpipe, Pypes Violator catback, and 4.10 gears.

Saturday I put in fresh 10w30, new tranny fluid, and ordered much needed Nitto 245/45/17 Drag Radials.

Saturday night my buddy Dale, the owner of Axcelerated Motorsports, texted me and said lets see what it makes. I drove to his shop and was happy to see 328rwhp/384rwtq SAE.

What a wide flat torque curve, car feels very fast.
Considering my daily driver is a 2016 Corvette that says a lot.

Here are some pics and a dyno vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUP5Z2fGXOk

IMG_2239_zpscz0atn4d.jpg

IMG_2245_zpsrsbwpy0q.jpg

IMG_2208_zpsiybrcl2u.jpg

04owmach

Established Member
Thanks. I've got gt40p heads, explorer intake tfs stage 1 and a paxton sn 89 that should make about 6 lbs and was hoping for about 350 rwhp and 400 tq. So I think with my combo it should be pretty close

Last edited:

YELL03

Established Member
Thanks. I've got gt40p heads, explorer intake tfs stage 1 and a paxton sn 89 that should make about 6 lbs and was hoping for about 350 rwhp and 400 tq. So I think with my combo it should be pretty close

With the Paxton I think your horsepower will be higher than your torque.

Ran great. No track time as i dont like drag racing.

I love the instant torque of the KB on the street, lots of fun

04owmach

Established Member
Haha oh I know dyno numbers don't matter but everyone loves numbers. I probably won't take it to a track so it doesn't really matter. It's a sunny day and car show type of car.

YELL03

Established Member
Haha oh I know dyno numbers don't matter but everyone loves numbers. I probably won't take it to a track so it doesn't really matter. It's a sunny day and car show type of car.

Actually track #s are the #s I like, but this new car is more of a street car. Maybe after the Drag radials get here i'll let my son run it, he will probably get booted after 1-2 runs being a convertible.

YELL03

Established Member
Nice numbers clean looking fox vert too. Nice vett in your avatar as well.

Thanks, nice #s on your Cobra also, my 1st 03 made almost exactly the same#s with almost the same mods. It ran a [email protected] granny shifting on street tires if I recall correctly. Love the Terminators.
The Vette is all appearance mods, it is quick enough for a daily driver for sure.
Here is a before after of the Vette.

December%202015%20New%20Vette%20038_zpsxjwk8d9v.jpg

Grill%20and%20spoiler%20feb%202016%20193_zpswltowdzt.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks, nice #s on your Cobra also, my 1st 03 made almost exactly the same#s with almost the same mods. It ran a [email protected] granny shifting on street tires if I recall correctly. Love the Terminators.
The Vette is all appearance mods, it is quick enough for a daily driver for sure.
Here is a before after of the Vette.

December%202015%20New%20Vette%20038_zpsxjwk8d9v.jpg

Grill%20and%20spoiler%20feb%202016%20193_zpswltowdzt.jpg

Thanks. The appetence mods look great. I've never ran mine would like to someday just to see what it would do. Any exhaust on the vette?

YELL03

Established Member
The 5.0 sounds sick. Any other plans for the vette? Or just enjoy how it is?

The Vette is my daily driver, it is fine as it is for now.

The 5.0 i want to fix minor BS, I want a fresh paint job, fix the driver side rear window, fix the power locks, and the rear view mirror interior lights (they work, but the switches are not working perfectly).

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
C
The Vette is my daily driver, it is fine as it is for now.

The 5.0 i want to fix minor BS, I want a fresh paint job, fix the driver side rear window, fix the power locks, and the rear view mirror interior lights (they work, but the switches are not working perfectly).

Cool keep us updated. I've had good luck with 50resto stuff for mine.

Users who are viewing this thread