Dyno with 2.85 and Predator

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
On Saturday I dynoed the Snake. My mods are K&N with silencer removed, 2.85 RR, Flows and The Predator Pulley Tune. All settings are left at default no change to fuel or timing. Tell me what you think...

http://members.cox.net/mwatrous/Car Pics/Dyno2.wmv

Graph2.jpg

Last edited:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
No disrespect Bro...but your numbers seem a bit low for your mods.:shrug:

There are guys in our club pulling over 410 at the wheels with a CAI and exhaust only.

How many miles are on your car?

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
About 11K. Might be a little on the low side but I am still using the stock H and airbox...From what I am seeing if I play a little with the A/F I should be able to get a little more out of here. It is also possible I am getting slip.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Slip could be attributing to some loss. Check out Postban's sig for a list of his mods and numbers as a reference point.

He is running a 2.76 Billet Flow pulley with idlers and the Predator tune. He also has a Bassani Cat Back, CAI, and Billet Flow TB. He is pulling 472hp and 499 tq.

faf1957c.jpg

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Yeah! I have been watching his progress. But he does have a few more things then I do the most important is a custom tune from James. I should be getting a updated tune any day now.

Pyro

Established Member
Did you get any detonation/pining at any point? Also, are you using the stock plugs?

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Did you get any detonation/pining at any point? Also, are you using the stock plugs?
Stock plugs gapped at .040 still waiting to get the IT-22. When I do get the IT-22s I will run them at .040. Had a little ping right at the beginning of the second pull then went away real fast. I chalked it up to the stock plugs and initial load.
this is my dyno sheet. the last run(purple) was 10%rich.I think your a little lean down low
I thought the same thing lean down low and rich up top. Hopefully James can straighten that out for me.

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
well without a intake or exhaust that seems like respectable numbers, at first i was like that was low but after seeing that you have stock airbox, it should go up

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Snake-Shadow - you might want to check out my thread in this forum entitled "Dyno Numbers Seem Weak". I only got 413 rwhp/409 tq with a 2.93 pulley, CAI, and predator. (no exhaust)

I think the Predator canned tune causes our vehicles to run pig-rich for safety.

A custom tune should help.

Russ

ALA G8R

Banned
Originally posted by Snake-Shadow
On Saturday I dynoed the Snake. My mods are K&N with silencer removed, 2.85 RR, Flows and The Predator Pulley Tune. All settings are left at default no change to fuel or timing. Tell me what you think...

IMO you should pull some timing. That ripple at the peak torque point may be detonation. Especially with the 91 octane gas. I would also add fuel try to get the A/F under 12:1 over 4500rpm. Check out the following post for my results with the predator this past weekend.

CLICK

Last edited:

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
IMO you should pull some timing. That ripple at the peak torque point may be detonation. Especially with the 91 octane gas. I would also add fuel try to get the A/F under 12:1 over 4500rpm. Check out the following post for my results with the predator this past weekend.
Those are great numbers and that is what I want my A/F to look like. I will be getting a tweaked tune from James at http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/ to smooth out the A/F and set it up for 91 octane.

Thanks everyone for your replies and comments.
M@

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
It seems like you are running a little lean in the midrange and then very rich up top. You also have that dip to almost 10:1 A/F. Looking at the HP graph it looks like the power curve levels off at the 5500 range when it should still be climbing up. I think you are losing power up top by the tune going very rich. There is no way you will be able to correct this with the predator w/o a custom tune because adjustments can only made across the board so you can not lean out the top part w/o leaning out the midrange which you do not want to do. This is very interesting because I also had a sharp dip in the AF right at 5750 mark that cost me some power. This is the major drawback to the predator. I am running a 2.95 with the predator tune plus a 7.5% adjustment to the lean side and ended up with:

4000 13:1
4500 11.8:1
5000 11.8:1
5500 11.5:1
5750 11:1 ?????? WTF
6000 11.4:1
6500 11.5:1

mystifiedworm

Established Member
Thats me driving, thats me driving!!! :-D Thanks Snake-Shadow for coming in Saturday. :thumbsup: I was a blast to be able to put faces with names. Hope to do it again before it gets to hot.

I feel that with your mods you have respectable hp/trq numbers.

Chad

tigerwoods

Established Member
what rpm did you go to? that dyno run seemed a little short.
it also didnt sound like you really got on it, it sounded more like you eased into it.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
It seems like you are running a little lean in the midrange and then very rich up top. You also have that dip to almost 10:1 A/F. Looking at the HP graph it looks like the power curve levels off at the 5500 range when it should still be climbing up. I think you are losing power up top by the tune going very rich. There is no way you will be able to correct this with the predator w/o a custom tune because adjustments can only made across the board so you can not lean out the top part w/o leaning out the midrange which you do not want to do. This is very interesting because I also had a sharp dip in the AF right at 5750 mark that cost me some power. This is the major drawback to the predator. I am running a 2.95 with the predator tune plus a 7.5% adjustment to the lean side and ended up with:
Yes it is lean down low and rich up top. James is working on a tune as we speak.
what rpm did you go to? that dyno run seemed a little short it also didnt sound like you really got on it, it sounded more like you eased into it.
Thats just the poor video quality. He got on it and ran it to redline.

Thanks Chad it was cool be able to hang out at the shop and see what Xtreme is all about. Look for me to come back in and dyno with the new tune in a week or two.

M@

Users who are viewing this thread