Dyno w/ Apten 2.80 and Predator v R12 (Long)

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Over the weekend I went to the Xtreme Motorsports dyno day On Saturday. Thanks Chad, Bill and all the techs. It was great everyone was making good power and even I dynoed higher than expected. My DYNO QUEEN journey started last November and I have had great success since. Check out other runs and configurations
Here

Current mods include: Apten ported blower w/ 2.80, BF idlers, 12" conical, Flowmaster cat-back and Predator. The only additional mods this time round were the Apten port, a 2.80 vs. 2.85 and I updated my predator to version R12, same tune as before just added a little fuel. There was an approximate 25 degree difference between this dyno day and the dyno I did in January.
Blue = Saturdays run (483HP/471TQ) Red = January dyno (441HP/460TQ) dyno
Graph4.jpg

I am very pleased with the new power; Apten apparently has done their homework because this blower port job is second to pulley change as far as bang for the buck.

I only experienced one problem. My second run she detonated down low. A/F was right on the money so all that was left was to check timing. I made no timing adjustments from my last dyno and had data logged with the predator on various occasions to check timing (See data using Excel WOT_Gas.xls). Remember this dyno run was using the same tune I used previous with only adjustment for A/F. Saturday's dyno run yielded an increase in peak timing by 2.5 degrees (See data using Excel WOT_Gas.xls). So in conclusion it looks like the Predator flash update to version R12 smoothed out my A/F but jacked my timing.

Dyno sheet from both runs Saturday. Notice the second run (Blue) between 2k and 3k RPM. The detonation was audible and is the only time I have heard my car detonate. I have since adjusted the timing and checked all the plugs and no visual damage can be detected. All is well just a little freaky and general concern for others using the flash update version R12 on their Predators.
Graph5.jpg

EDIT: I do not mean to imply that Diablo Sport had done anything wrong or say that they put out crappy tunes. On the contrary I am very happy with my tune but, either user error on my part (most likely) or something changed with the upgrade. Just a little GO CHECK YOUR TIMING if you have done the R12 update.

I should have some video in the next couple of days...

M@

Last edited:

jeffsvt

Established Member
Nice numbers ! An apten port job is my future sometime down the road .

What was your max timing under WOT ? On my predator my max timing is 23 degrees at WOT . I've used the data streaming on the actual predator to see this .

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Originally posted by jeffsvt
Nice numbers ! An apten port job is my future sometime down the road .

What was your max timing under WOT ? On my predator my max timing is 23 degrees at WOT . I've used the data streaming on the actual predator to see this .
My max timing in the upper RPMs was 25.5 degrees. I to used the actuall predator to data log then uploaded to my PC, converted to Excel and finally made some pretty little graphs...See above post attachment WOT_Dyno.xls. I have since adjusted the timing to about 20 degrees max...

Users who are viewing this thread