Dyno tuning ?

2valves

TragicSVT
Established Member
Is this a good price??? The cost is $650 plus tax for the tuner (x3 or predator), 2hrs of dyno time, 2hrs of custom tuning, a/f readings, and printouts. It should only take 3-4 pulls and I will be done. Also it has eddy current load capability so i can do all the drivability stuff on the dyno as well.

sb306

Established Member
Sounds like a pretty good deal. Especially since youre getting a tuner in the package. :thumbsup:

Robert Francis

Established Member
That's a fair price today for the work they're doing and the hand held device which will hold tunes for you.

I would check and see how many Lightnings they've done before. They should expect to do at least 3-4 pulls.

FordFanStan

Established Member
The price is about right, but I do not like how they stated it should only take 3-4 pulls and then be done. My argument is not with the number itself, but how that implies their tuning process. FFS

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Yeah that's a good price for some dyno tune time and a tuner. Make sure they have tuned some lightnings before you have them do the work. If they have, I would talk with them and see what they thought about there work. Just because a shop can tune a mustang or a LS1 motor, don't mean they can tune a lightning.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
The price is about right, but I do not like how they stated it should only take 3-4 pulls and then be done. My argument is not with the number itself, but how that implies their tuning process. FFS

Yeah, I was getting tuned down by PSI a few months back, I was there all day and did more than 3 or 4 pulls to dial in both my tunes. It takes time in between runs to cool down and analyze the data to make changes.

Users who are viewing this thread