Dyno tune

mrfomoco

Established Member
Just had my '03 Coupe tuned (which is also for sale...)

Mods are maggie catted X, bassani cat-back and k&n drop in.

houstonperf.jpg

BBCOBRA

Established Member
typical numbers. Looks like you may have some belt slipping up top. Where is your a/f line?

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
I am pretty sure HP runs A/F on the dyno. Is that the full sheet OP? If it is you should go get dyno'd again and make sure they get A/F ratio.

rexisme

Established Member
They aren't printed on the sheet. But Houston Performance is a reputable shop so I trust them.

lol, isn't the whole point of a tune to extract the most power safely out of your car? If so, wouldn't you want to know the afr's?

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Sorry OP, when I wrote that last night I was tired as hell.

HP definitely runs A/F. They must have not printed it out. Might give them a call and see if they can print it for you. Reason being is it will be useful in determining if you have belt slip.

mrfomoco

Established Member
Sorry OP, when I wrote that last night I was tired as hell.

HP definitely runs A/F. They must have not printed it out. Might give them a call and see if they can print it for you. Reason being is it will be useful in determining if you have belt slip.

Yeah they did run it, I just trust that its right as I was on the phone with Chris there between the runs. The baseline was 39X at the wheels before the tune, and he said he was surprised how much she made with just exhaust and a kn drop in.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Well, that seems to be pretty average for those mods.

If you don't mind a bit of an aggressive tune then Patrick @ PSI can make extremely good numbers.

Last edited:

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
BTW, a good blower port will heavily increase those torque numbers and lower intake temps.

mrfomoco

Established Member
BTW, a good blower port will heavily increase those torque numbers and lower intake temps.

That will be up to the new owner as the car is for sale.

I mainly wanted to have the car tuned so it would be safer for the new owner ( i was afraid of the a/f being off with the exhaust)

mrfomoco

Established Member
I know!

It sucks but I HATE putting miles on it, and I'm having to drive a lot for work now.

The car deserves a home where she's not going to be put through that.

Users who are viewing this thread