Dyno tune w/ a 3.1 pulley?

Matt-'00GT

Established Member
Do I need a dyno-tune for a 3.1 pulley? Will a Diablo hand tuner w/ a stock tune work fine?

Thanks.

scottt42

Established Member
The predator tuner has a built in tune thats good for up 12-14 psi. It also has a performance tune which i'm using with a 3.4 pulley The 3.1 will max about 13.5 psi.

tv's 03

Established Member
Matt-'00GT said:
Do I need a dyno-tune for a 3.1 pulley? Will a Diablo hand tuner w/ a stock tune work fine?

Thanks.

I use a diablo predator hand held with my 3.25 pulley

I used a dyno to get my a/f in whack with the performance tune

I had to add 17% fuel from 2-4000 rpm and 15% fuel from 4000 to redline...you need the dyno to get it right, otherwise you are guessing. It would be ultra safe to use the pulley tune and will probably run real rich

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
If you want the max out of the pulley, I suggest you get a custom tune. I just got a tune from Mile Hi dyno and it was perfect. I HAD A moddified canned predator tune and the car ran good. I got a MIle Hi tune and the car runs awesome. This is what it boils down to. Numbers. Modified canned tune was 428rwhp/ 444 rwtq. Mile Hi Dyno custom tune 455 rwhp/ 463 rwtq. The a/f was the same, same dyno, and so on. I basically got 20 hp/ 20 tq at the tires more from just going with a custom tune. Just my .02

Tucker

I ran a 3.1 with out a tune and my A/F was fine. Made 449 RWHP, but it is ALL WAYS suggested to have your A/F checked.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread