Dyno tune-TT car-Within 6 hours of SE Texas

konabluekiller

Established Member
Here in the next few weeks I'll be bolting up the On3 performance twin kit. If you have any negative opinions about that kit, the manufacturer, the owner, or anything concerning that stuff, keep them to yourself. Now that I got that out of the way I'll also be installing ID1000s (yes I know its overkill but all of the tuners I've talked to said they are the easiest to tune), a boost referenced BAP, and the aftermarket MAF meter. Probably building my own cold side and using the intercooler I already have because I like it better.

Now on to my question. mike with bama said a while back (since I'm on the free tunes for life program) that he'd send me a base map so the car could start and idle around so its not completely dead trying to get it to a tuner. Question is, I need a good tuner within a 6 hour drive to tune my car. I love my N/A AED tune but I can't exactly drive to Cali with my car on a trailer. So the areas in mind are Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, New Orleans.... Places in the gulf region... I live in Orange Texas and I can throw a rock and hit Triangle Speed Shop, but I'm not going there. I have my reasons...

So... Throw me some suggestions!

implosive

Established Member
I would just rent a dyno from a shop and have lund do a remote tune instead of driving 6 hours in any direction

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
The only difference in Lund standing there and standing somewhere in Florida is no biggie. As long as you have no fault codes and nothing is wrong with your install (which he will be able to find on the initial data logs) he should be able to nail your tune. Give him a shout and see if he will tune your car with that kit.

konabluekiller

Established Member
The only difference in Lund standing there and standing somewhere in Florida is no biggie. As long as you have no fault codes and nothing is wrong with your install (which he will be able to find on the initial data logs) he should be able to nail your tune. Give him a shout and see if he will tune your car with that kit.

Will do, I have a local tuner that's a friend in Lake Charles that's certified to tune 5.0s by SCT. Probably going to let him have a crack at it, and call up lund or someone if there's issues.

JMS in Mississippi, 90 min. west of New Orleans.

www. jmschip . com

Thanks, I'll look into that.

deepblue13

Established Member
There is several in Houston...Strictly Performance, Serious Horse Power and Fastlane

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Latemodel Racecraft in Houston, PSI Motorsports in Houston, TrueStreet Motorsports in McKinney (as mentioned above). I think any of those would be good choices.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I do a ton of remote tunes on power adder cars all the time, including my own.

You can feel very comfortable with it.

I've had quite a few remote tunes done with Lund through manny @ hpp, that would be a great choice.

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
Can't wait for the results!!! Seems remote tunes are getting more and more popular now... With how the cars nowadays are setup from factory, as far as sensors (mainly uego technology) and monitoring it has improved alot...
I'm more than likely going the On3 route with a remote tune by lund...

A302

Established Member
Go with Manny at HPP. They have a lot of experience with this kind of thing.

A302

Established Member
I'm actually going in tomorrow to have my car tuned by Manny.

Users who are viewing this thread