Dyno tune or Handheld tuner????

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
So i have a 2011 Mustang 5.0 that is about to get some parts on it that all require a tune.
The parts i have ready to go on are:
zex 125 shot nitrous kit
steeda cold air intake
boss intake manifold
off road h pipe

So should i do a dyno tune on the car or can the car just be tuned with a sct xcal 3? Also i currently dont have a xcal tuner but i know the car can be tuned and flashed. Now is the nitrous tune gonna be off to much to drive around on a daily basis just running on motor?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
get the xcal3 and get a dyno tune. you need a way to flash the processor which is why you need the handheld. the dyno tune is just a tool to aid in tuning the vehicle.

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
The guy that will be doing the tune works for sct so he brings a xcal to tune with and can flash the computer. I was wondering more if i could get a good tune on the car without having to put it on the dyno...and if the nitrous tune will work on daily driving

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
As long as the tune is being built from datalogs the car can be street tuned. Just remember that any tuner who does a direct flash will own your stock tune. When you use a hand held tuner the stock tune will be stored in it and you will have it.

SteedaMatt

Established Member
For that setup you really need a dyno tune, and regardless you should get a tuner. You never know when you might need it to update or undo a dealer reflash, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread