Dyno Tune in MO?

Wraith

Established Member
I am having my engine rebuilt, hopefully only another month or so for parts and the like. I am looking into having it dyno tuned. Where is a good place to go. I am in St. Louis area. I know Mustang Muscle in High Ridge has a dyno and can burn their own chips. but can they dyno tune there? How long after a rebuild should I wait to have it dyno tuned or can I have it tuned right away? Lastly, I am fully porting th heads and 4-angle valve job, new cams and P&P he intake and gaset match intake to heads. Do I need a chip just to drive it safely to get dyno tuned or is the stock computer going to be alright? I know the heads and intake work changes the way Air and Fuel flow through the engine so I am not sure. Thanks.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
IMO, don't go to Mustang Muscle...i think their level of tuning expertise is minimal at best... they do good mechanical work, but are a little pricey.
I had Brian at Apten Performance tune mine...spent 6 hours on the dyno (DOH!, but this was highly unusual, he said it normally takes like 20 minutes)...i am now +22rwhp and +22rwtq since before the tune...so he does a really good job, but I THINK he may have moved to FL...check out his website...

www.apten-us.com

Wraith

Established Member
I checked out the web site but was a little confused. The site says that they dyno tune in St. Louis but their address is in Cincinnati. I emailed them and will call Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread