Dyno/tune day @ Amazon tuning in SC...

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
the tuning process is finding issues with the vehicle that are preventing it from being tuned properly...many times a vehicle will come here and it is not tuneable..when it gets on the loaded dyno drivibility issues will come to light..it is then up to the owner to fix the problems or make arrangements for us to fix them so that the vehicle is tunable..some owners leave the vehicle and we fix it and others take it and get the issues resolved and bring it back..the tuning process begins again at that point..

if you go to a job and you cant do your job for whatever reason that is not your fault and you have to come back do you expect to be paid for finishing the job at a lower price?

Wow, I was just asking. Since i paid $110.00 to have Rick say i had a fuel problem and it took all of 10 mins. I found the problem and fixed it.
Thanks for nothing. I talked you guys up on Modular Fords and almost got kicked off that site for it. I just thought since i already paid $110 you might cut me some sorta break.:dw:

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
LOL. I don't think this is going to happen anyway. I think me and chopps are the only ones going. 01Cobra and Trq-guy haven't posted in a while.

So you in ?
Just verifing

I guess I need to wait until the 12th to make sure the date is good before I put my name on the list. But things are looking good so far.

Well i did'nt realize i was gonna have to post every day to stay on the list. As you can see my original intent above from my earlier post on the 5th. Well looks like it's been called off for now anyway..........

Gucci_Mane

Established Member
Wow, I was just asking. Since i paid $110.00 to have Rick say i had a fuel problem and it took all of 10 mins. I found the problem and fixed it.
Thanks for nothing. I talked you guys up on Modular Fords and almost got kicked off that site for it. I just thought since i already paid $110 you might cut me some sorta break.:dw:

Ha! Man, you have a lot to learn about services. I work in a services industry. I don't care how long something takes, you are paying for the knowledge and expertise, not time.

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
Ha! Man, you have a lot to learn about services. I work in a services industry. I don't care how long something takes, you are paying for the knowledge and expertise, not time.

Yeah I'm sorry.......

It took so much Knowledge and expertise to pull my car on the dyno for 10 mins and tell me that he couldn't tune it. It was well worth $110.00.

Thats OK i'm not here to fight i just as for a little price break. I will go see Eric Brooks or Pro Dyno. Its not a problem.:shrug:

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
I was just looking for a little break. I know its not Ricks fault. I have been a Retail Mgr most my life and i always tried to give great customer service. Word of mouth is huge. I wasn't asking for it free. I just thought since I paid $110.00 for 10mins he might give me a little break.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I was just looking for a little break. I know its not Ricks fault. I have been a Retail Mgr most my life and i always tried to give great customer service. Word of mouth is huge. I wasn't asking for it free. I just thought since I paid $110.00 for 10mins he might give me a little break.

I know where you are coming from. Most shops will cut you a break if you are a return customer and they think you will be back again.

BTW: Smacked is still down. He is just banned at the moment

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member

you got a break if you came here to be dyno tuned and only got charged $110..
our usual fee for dyno tuning is $450 for the first hour and $150 per hour after that if you are not an exisiting customer and $250 for the first hour and $150 per hour if you are...

it isnt his fault that your vehicle was not tunable..he gave you his expert opinion of why it wasnt so you could fix it..he did cut you a break by not charging you for a full tuning session..you were only charged for dyno pulls eventhough he did datalogging and AF readings

yes word of mouth is huge..and we appreciate your efforts on Modfords.. but that is an uphill battle over there.. I'd hate to think that you would find it necesary to bad mouth Amazon over this if that is what you are implying about mentioning word of mouth... give me your # and I will have Rick give you a call to discuss all this privately..

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
I'm not going to bad mouth you.Don't get so upset. By word of mouth ,i meant good word of mouth. I bought a tune off you guys a long time ago by mail and i have never said anything bad about you guys. I also didn't come on here to bust your chops. I just ask for a little break if i came back and you got upset. I have also recommended you to plenty of people where i live and on the net.
They got very upset on Modular Fords because i posted up a screen shot from you web page. I don't know the deal on that.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
they got upset because we are not a supporting vendor and what you posted looked like an add for us :beer: they really frown on that over there..

we have a mimimum fee for dyno services.. it is $110 for you to put your vehicle on the dyno..that is all you were charged because Rick could not do your dyno tune but it was not his fault that he couldnt..if you want to go to BS Tuning or Prodyno that is your choice but you will end up paying more doing that than just letting us finish the job for you since you already have a program from us..that $110 would go toward the final charge when you come back to have the job finished here..if this is what you meant by a price break then ..yes you would be getting a price break
I apologize if you feel that I was upset..sometimes it is hard to know how a comment is meant online but this really was something that should have been handled in private..please PM your # to me so I can have Rick call you...

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Well looks like it will be just me on the 22nd for private dyno day for me @ Amazon.
Hope Rick remembers the donuts and OJ :)
Got my new 3.65 pulley and going to see what my #'s are with that.
j/k made the appointment long ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread