Dyno test part two, adding VMP twin jet 72mm t body to ported lower intake and case...

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
While on the dyno yesterday, I also tested a VMP twin jet 72mm throttle body. I added it to the ported lower intake manifold and ported VMP Gen 2 supercharger case. Adding the larger throttle body showed an increase in boost and another power bump. The porting by Bret Barber at Air Flow Solutions allows the VMP twin jet 72mm throttle body to shine like it does on my moderate boost level, 69mm upper only pulley combination. The port and throttle body seem to work off of each other. This is for the lower and moderate boost guys like myself. Don't think that high boost and double pulleying are required to see gains from intake and supercharger case port work and bigger throttle bodies. This test proves otherwise. Also note that throughout the curve, with porting and throttle body, I lost an average of just under 4lbs of boost everywhere vs the unported, twin jet 67mm combination. Good stuff!

I'm really looking forward to trying out the new power in 2017. Thank you Bret Barber and Justin Starkey.

https://www.facebook.com/VMPTuning/

https://www.facebook.com/Airflowsolutions/

Mod list in case anyone is interested:
Aluminator (11.0:1)
JLT Big Air
VMP Twin Jet 72mm
VMP Gen 2 (ported lower intake & case by Air Flow Solutions)
69mm pulley (6 rib) - Stock lower
Stock manifolds
X-pipe
Modified stock over axles
Custom 50 series Flowmaster axle back (2-1/2")
Stock 6r80 and stock converter (FTW!)
Fore fuel system for E85
VMP Performance tuned

I have attached a graph showing the gain from adding the VMP twin jet 72mm (replacing a VMP twin jet 67mm) to the ported lower intake and case and another graph, showing the total difference with the addition of the ported lower intake and case, plus the VMP twin jet 72mm vs an unported lower intake, unported case and VMP twin jet 67mm throttle body.

788c7dee9d78826b45452bda9c7c8bf2.jpg
75741fc9ccc36d5b2f734d5ff8ae480f.jpg

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That's awesome!
If I keep my car,......it's already on the "list'.

Users who are viewing this thread